John Stockton '98
Written by JBuckets36
John Stockton plays just how you think he would: Locks down his man, racks up tons of assists and runs the offense with great efficiency. He can easily tally you double digit assists when you remember to utilize him, that HoF Dimer badge is great. Can get 4+ steals/game as well if you know how to position yourself when your opponent does dribble moves and when to reach or jump passing lanes on plays. The one downfall to Stockton is that he simply CANNOT score.
Stat line thru 10 games: 10.3 MPG, 3.7 PPG, 1.0 RPG, 7.7 APG, 3.7 SPG shooting 41% from the field 28% from 3.
Bought for: 52K MT
- Passing: Great accuracy and HoF Dimer. Great at running pick plays and can make very long distance passes most other plays would fk up thanks to 2K's AIDS mechanics.
- Defense: Clamp god, maybe only Magic can take Stockton 1-on-1 just because Magic has the post scoring and height.
- Badges: The man is badged out to the max.
- Scoring: This is Stockton's only weakness... He simply is a terrible scorer. He's too small for inside scoring unless it's on a wide open fast break. His midrange and 3 point open ratings are pretty good, he has an 87 open 3 and hot zones all over the court, but that 87 three honestly feels more like a 70. Even wide open from his hot zones with all day to think about the shot he still misses. It's very frustrating when nobody's even in the neighborhood of Stockton and he still can't make the shot.
- Rebounding: I mean, come on. If you're actually looking for Stockton to get rebounds for you then there's a bigger issue at hand.
Recommended Strategy: Use him as a pure playmaker only. Let him run the offense, don't look to him for scoring. If your opponent realises he's not accurate from behind the arc that may make him a liability on offense as your opponent is likely to just sag off and double someone else.
Other Comments: Great playmaking PG, but not really an "all around" point guard.
Use if: You run plays and need a pure playmaking PG who can also clamp down the opposing PG.
Don't use if: You want a scoring guard, all-around PG or someone to poster the enemy team every drive.
Bottom Line: If you can get him for a steal I highly recommend it, but if you really want a scorer or deadeye shooter as a PG then find somebody else.