Jalen Rose '01
Jalen Rose + Video!!
Written by DevonBron
I wanted to run an all-time Michigan Wolverines lineup, so I picked up this amethyst Jalen Rose for 17,000 MT. Rose is a great all-around player and is pretty cheap compared to other amethysts. Rose can handle the ball and is pretty good in isolation/catch & shoot situations.
Bought for: 17,000 MT (PS4)
- Outside Scoring: Rose has a 90 open shot mid and an 84 open shot 3pt, and also has an easy release to time. So, you can rely on Rose's jumper to fall for you as long as he is open.
- Inside Scoring: Rose has a 90 shot close rating, 90 standing layup rating, and an 88 driving layup rating. So Rose will finish easily inside, and when he is fouled, Rose will head to the line and knock down his free throws with his 85 free throw rating.
- Speed: Rose is pretty fast for a SF with his 86 speed/88 speed with ball, so fast SFs should be no problem for Rose to stop. Rose's speed will also help you run by most SFs when on offense.
- Passing: Rose has great passing ratings, which are all in the mid 80s, including his 84 passing accuracy rating. So, Rose can almost act like your team's second PG when he is on the court, and he will be able to find your teammates when they are open.
- Defense: Rose has an 84 on-ball defensive IQ which is pretty good, and he should be able to contain most of your opponent's SFs.
- None?: Rose is an excellent all-around SF and has no true weaknesses.
Recommended Strategy: "Drive 1v1, Catch and shoot, and Drive in Transition."
Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJAJc4O8r8 (My first game with amethyst Jalen Rose and the all-time Michigan Wolverines).
Use if: "You want an all-around SF."
Don't use if: "You only want a diamond SF."
Bottom Line: "Rose is a relatively cheap player and he will provide a lot for your team. He is definitely worth the pick up and is an excellent player."