Trey Burke '13
Trey Burke + Video!!
Written by DevonBron
I wanted to run an all-time Michigan Wolverines lineup, so I picked up this Ruby Trey Burke for 2,000 MT. Burke is great in the pick & roll/pick & pop and is a great player in isolation. Burke's height can hold him back and he isn't great on defense.
Bought for: 2,000 MT (PS4)
- Outside Shooting: Burke has a 90 open shot mid and an 87 open shot 3pt which are excellent for a ruby PG. Burke's release is a little bit funky, but once you get used to it, Burke should be a great shooter for you.
- Inside Scoring: Burke has a 92 shot close, 94 standing layup, and a 94 driving layup which are pretty good for a ruby PG. But, Burke's height (6'1") can sometimes hold you back when your opponent has a tall center in the paint. When Burke heads to the line he will also hit his free throws with his 80 free throw rating.
- Speed/Ball Control: Burke has a 94 speed/94 speed with ball, which makes it easy for you to run by your opponent's PG. Burke also has a 90 ball control which comes in handy when trying to get by your opponent.
- Passing: Burke also has passing ratings in the high 80s to the mid 90s, including his 89 passing accuracy rating. So Burke will be able to find your teammates when they need the ball.
- Badges: Burke has 11 gold badges! The badges are worth more than Burke at the moment and just adds to Burke's greatness.
- Defense: Burke's defense is average and his height will make you struggle to guard your opponent's PG. Burke's speed will help you guard though.
Recommended Strategy: "Drive 1v1, Catch and shoot, and Drive in Transition."
Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJAJc4O8r8 (My first game with Ruby Trey Burke and the all-time Michigan Wolverines).
Use if: "You want a great scoring PG."
Don't use if: "You want defense/size at the PG position."
Bottom Line: "Burke is VERY cheap and is worth the pick up. At worst he will add to your card collection and at best he can be your team's best PG (at least if you are a budget baller)."