Written by Cody1307
I have waited so long for an upgraded Aldridge card. His emerald was a god at the start of the year. This card lives up to the stats and absolutely dominates offensively. My stats with him are: 15PPG, 10RPG, 2 APG, 1 BPG, .5 SPG, 1 TOP while shooting 70% from the field and 3 in 5 games
Bought for: 80,000 MT
- Mid-Range: One of best shooters from Mid-Range I have used ever in 2K17 and it's not even close. He is arguably the best PF/C from Mid-Range. If he has even a sliver room, shoot it, it's dropping
- 3 Pointer: It's like a slightly worse Mid-Range jumper. It drops quite consistently for relatively mediocre ratings. Don't shoot as recklessly as you would from Mid-Range as they won't drop under duress
- Post Game: Unguardable by anyone not named Robinson, Russell, Wallace, Rodman, Gobert and Mutombo. Fakes defenders out of their pants with ease and finishes strong at the rim. Has one of the most consistent post fades I have seen this year
- Rebounding: He doesn't just grab rebounds, he snatches them from the opposing team. I play him with rebounding and defensive specialists like Rodman and Wallace and he ends up with almost as many rebounds as them
- Inside Scoring: Powerful finisher at the rim. Easily is able to fight through contact. Doesn't get many fouls called his way, but doesn't need to as he is always able to make the layup
- Defending: Isn't terrible at defense but he can be caught often out of position. Decent rim protector but poor against stretch bigs
- Athleticism: Compared to newer bigs, he is slower to get down the court and to get into position to contest shots
Recommended Strategy: "ISO, Pick and Pop, Pick and Roll, Mid-Range, Post Up High, Post Up Low"
Recommended Badges: "Rim Protector, Deep Range Deadeye, Limitless Range, Defensive Stopper, Difficult Shots, Tireless Scorer, Relentless Finisher, Acrobat, Tear Dropper, Posterizer, Lob City Finisher"
Use if: "You want a versatile Inside-Outside Scoring PF/C"
Don't use if: "You need a great rim protector, defender or athletic finisher"
Bottom Line: "Great value for money. One of the best scoring PFs in the game."