Fun Offensive-Minded Shooter
Written by jwike31
Got super lucky and packed this beast. He's a god from the three-point line. Great overall player who can seriously do anything. Capable of contributing in many categories. So far I'm averaging about 12 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and about 1.5 steals per game. (3 online games, 1 domination game)
Bought for: Packed
- Inside scoring: Layups are amazing, rarely misses as long as it is a somewhat reasonable attempt. Also draws lots of fouls and has gotten plenty of and-1s
- 3pt Shooting: Knocks down 3 after 3, hasn't missed an open 3 yet. His release is nice and easy to use.
- Mid-range: Has a really nice and consistent step-back from mid-range. Nice at shooting off the pick-and-roll.
- Playmaking: Has some nice dribbling, not anything special but can get past guards easily. Passing is great/never throws those crazy passes that fly over the receiver's head.
- Defense: Not a lockdown defender by any means. If you're nice on the sticks it won't matter. If you aren't nice on the sticks, he can be a bit of a liability against heavily offensive guards, but can still hang with them.
Recommended Strategy: Really nice on iso drives, pick and roll as ball handler. Could be your primary ball handler, but works better at the two with a playmaking one.
Other Comments: I've noticed that he is usually open in the corner when I pick and roll with my point guard, not sure if that happens for everybody or just me, but is really nice either way.
Use if: You need a great scorer at your two position.
Don't use if: You need/prefer a more defensively-oriented SG
Bottom Line: He's a really fun card to use. I'd recommend waiting a bit if you want to buy him because I feel like his price will drop in the next few days. If you pack him, enjoy an offensive force that is fun to use.