Tim Duncan '04
The Big Fundamental
Written by lowlife_t
I was looking for a power forward to use because I needed some height. SMALL BALL DOESN'T WORK, unless all your players have 99 speed. I settled on Tim and he has been the most consistent double double player I've had in a long time. He does many things well and he keeps the game basic and fun for me.
Bought for: 32,000 MT
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim
- Excellent P&R guys, finishes through contact and draws a lot of fouls.
- Excellent post defender
- He needs a shoe to be a good play maker, can run backdoor cuts and he can make the play.
- Excellent re bounder, I'm averaging 10.3 RPG with him along with 10.1 PPG.
- Can't run the floor well
- Free Throws are frustrating, you need to practice in quick game to get used to them before you play him.
Recommended Strategy: Post moves, hook shots, P&R
Other Comments: Like I said, use a shoe if you like to play the pass and cut backdoor game.
Use if: You want a consistent double double re bounder and defender
Don't use if: You need a good Pick and Fade player
Bottom Line: Affordable price for a diamond, keeps the game basic but add a shoe to make sure he plays better.