By 508G37 »

This guy has Rondo written all over him. Nice little team player but shooting is more important than ever and he doesnt look like he's a threat at all. I knew his god awful shot form wouldnt translate well against real defenders. Lakers bought into the hype lol

Liked by JOKICGOAT
By VillanovaFan1 »

He's averaging 17 ppg, which is 1.2 more points per game than LeBron did in summer league. Just saying. 

By TPAF »

I feel he will be more of a Jason Kidd than a Rondo, he just has to adjust to the NBA. The transition can be extremely difficult.

By abcdert »

WHATS SO BAD WITH RONDO?

By Bogotac »
By VillanovaFan1 »
Bogotac said in Sunday, July 16th, 2017 5:34 am

are you seriously trying to compare a top 3 player of all time to a player who hasn't even played an NBA game yet 

No, not at all. I actually don't like the Ball family very much (mostly because of Lavar and those damn shoes). All I'm saying is that this guy isn't giving Ball enough time to adjust to the NBA game. The Summer League is just developmental, a tool to base expectations on, nothing more. 

Ironically, many people base their expectations of players off their college or summer league performance and end up dead wrong, time will tell.

Last edited July 16th by VillanovaFan1
By Zane1914 »

If you look back on history Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony sucked. Derrick Rose went on to be the youngest player to win MVP and Carmelo, well we all know he was 10x All star and a scoring champ one year. Draymond Green averaged 6.4 ppg and shot 27% from the field. We might have thought this dude was trash. Now he shoots above 40% and was a 2x NBA champion and a 2x NBA all star, was NBA leader in steals and was 3x all defensive team. So Summer league is just to see what these guys might be able to do. 

Last edited July 16th by Zane1914
By 508G37 »

Im solely speaking of how broken Lonzo's shot looks. I think it'll be hard for him to shoot off the dribble. He'll be forced to drive right which will be tough because he shoots from the left side of his body. It also looks like he needs alot of space to shoot which is why I see him taking alot of stepbacks.

Last edited July 16th by 508G37
By AblazeWhisper44 »
508G37 said in Sunday, July 16th, 2017 20:19 pm

Im solely speaking of how broken Lonzo's shot looks. I think it'll be hard for him to shoot off the dribble. He'll be forced to drive right which will be tough because he shoots from the left side of his body. It also looks like he needs alot of space to shoot which is why I see him taking alot of stepbacks.

Kidd came into the league without much of a jumper and towards the end of his career, he was a great shooter from 3. Lonzo's shot is struggling, but tonight he was pretty good - 5/7 in limited time and was subbed out early in the third due to calf tightness. 

There is a sports science I watched on YouTube that shows that even though his release is terrible, he's actually shooting the ball just (roughy) 0.2 seconds slower than Klay Thompson, who has one of the fastest shots in the NBA. Since his release is from the side, he does need a bit more room, but I haven't seen that becoming an issue so far through the few Summer League games he's played. 

He's been great around the rim. Of course his 3-pointer has been off, but it takes some adapting. 

I'm not coming up with excuses for misses, but I think he gets too much hate. Even with his poor shooting, he's been great throughout the Summer League and I just hope he continues to improve.

By 508G37 »
AblazeWhisper44 said in Monday, July 17th, 2017 4:59 am

Kidd came into the league without much of a jumper and towards the end of his career, he was a great shooter from 3. Lonzo's shot is struggling, but tonight he was pretty good - 5/7 in limited time and was subbed out early in the third due to calf tightness. 

There is a sports science I watched on YouTube that shows that even though his release is terrible, he's actually shooting the ball just (roughy) 0.2 seconds slower than Klay Thompson, who has one of the fastest shots in the NBA. Since his release is from the side, he does need a bit more room, but I haven't seen that becoming an issue so far through the few Summer League games he's played. 

He's been great around the rim. Of course his 3-pointer has been off, but it takes some adapting. 

I'm not coming up with excuses for misses, but I think he gets too much hate. Even with his poor shooting, he's been great throughout the Summer League and I just hope he continues to improve.

I think there's "hate" because hes being overblown as the next savior of LA like hes Kobe or Magic. When in reality he'll be a nice player who'll average like 14 and 9 at best.