By 508G37 »
ianstp said in Monday, July 17th, 2017 23:37 pm

Even tho he's famous for shooting

I know this is a joke. I like players who dont need to step back everytime they shoot and are able to pull up driving right. He cant.

By ianstp »
By 508G37 »

Shooting under 40% against d league players, no thanks. Wait til he has opposing teams' best defender guarding him every night.

By thegumpinator15 »

Y'all niggas acting like the summer league means something, the only game you should take away was the bad one, he play like ass against a bunch of scrubs 

Liked by 508G37
By 2dcole »

Reaction to everything this kid does is overblown. To me, he's definitely a once in a generation passer, nothing more. His shooting form is pretty bad but so was Magic Johnson's and others that had sustained careers (Shawn Marion). At 6'6" if he even approximates the average player development progression window he's bound to be a top 10 PG and an all-star at some point. His size puts him in really good company: Magic Johnson (6'8), Shaun Livingston (6'7), Penny Hardaway (6'7), Marko Jaric (6'7), Tyreke Evans (6'6), Ron Harper (6'6) Michael Carter Williams (6'6). We can argue injury/health issues derailed a lot of this list but even Evans was ROY and is a decent role player

I don't think he's transcendent in any other ways, he'll have to refine so much of his game and develop physically. He's not the most athletically gifted. I would worry more about his defense than shooting form. He shows intangibles, leadership qualities and ability to play passing lanes but gets exposed on the ball against scrubs. Now insert him matching up with Damian Lillard, Steph, CP3, Harden on a nightly basis and it's a bit worrisome. All in all, he'll be fine, the floor for him is pretty high. 

Last edited July 19th by 2dcole
By ianstp »
2dcole said in Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 20:14 pm

Reaction to everything this kid does is overblown. To me, he's definitely a once in a generation passer, nothing more. His shooting form is pretty bad but so was Magic Johnson's and others that had sustained careers (Shawn Marion). At 6'6" if he even approximates the average player development progression window he's bound to be a top 10 PG and an all-star at some point. His size puts him in really good company: Magic Johnson (6'8), Shaun Livingston (6'7), Penny Hardaway (6'7), Marko Jaric (6'7), Tyreke Evans (6'6), Ron Harper (6'6) Michael Carter Williams (6'6). We can argue injury/health issues derailed a lot of this list but even Evans was ROY and is a decent role player

I don't think he's transcendent in any other ways, he'll have to refine so much of his game and develop physically. He's not the most athletically gifted. I would worry more about his defense than shooting form. He shows intangibles, leadership qualities and ability to play passing lanes but gets exposed on the ball against scrubs. Now insert him matching up with Damian Lillard, Steph, CP3, Harden on a nightly basis and it's a bit worrisome. All in all, he'll be fine, the floor for him is pretty high. 

His form works, he just didn't have a great t shooting summer league.  He's desceptively athletic, moreso then any tall PG that I can remember bar Penny.

By 508G37 »
ianstp said in Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 20:51 pm

His form works, he just didn't have a great t shooting summer league.  He's desceptively athletic, moreso then any tall PG that I can remember bar Penny.

He cant shoot off the dribble 

Last edited July 19th by 508G37
By Bogotac »
ianstp said in Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 20:51 pm

his form works but he isnt good shooting off the dribble on the right side

By ianstp »
508G37 said in Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 20:56 pm

He cant shoot off the dribble 

On one side, due to the awkward release.  He shoots well off the dribble on the other.  And pulling up head on doesn't need a side.  So it's only a minor part that he can't do and he has a step back anyways.

By 508G37 »
ianstp said in Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 21:42 pm

On one side, due to the awkward release.  He shoots well off the dribble on the other.  And pulling up head on doesn't need a side.  So it's only a minor part that he can't do and he has a step back anyways.

Yea so he will be forced to drive right and stepbacks are really tough shots to make consistently.