By bballin »

There are some good ones folks have made for the 2018/19 draft class.  How do I import one of those instead of using the random one automatically generated?

By abcdert »

after making all of your players and editing them save them and upload them to a roster

Last edited September 21st, 2017 by abcdert
By bballin »

But how do I make that draft class the one used in the first season?  At no point is there an option to use imported / uploaded draft class? 

Is it because the story-line incorperates the top three prospects in the cpu generated draft class?

Liked by abcdert
By casualcaucasian »

Hey,If you are playing my leauge then it should pop up before the start of the first season. However, if you are on MyGm, you can't import a draft class. The story of the mode ruined the entire experience of the mode. 2k forces you to use the same draft class each time in MyGm sadly, another example of how they try to fix unbroken things

By abcdert »
casualcaucasian said in Friday, September 22nd, 2017 6:58 am

Hey,If you are playing my leauge then it should pop up before the start of the first season. However, if you are on MyGm, you can't import a draft class. The story of the mode ruined the entire experience of the mode. 2k forces you to use the same draft class each time in MyGm sadly, another example of how they try to fix unbroken things

exactly what he said 

By Mamba_ »

I am having the same problem

By AlphaWKM »

in the first season of a mygm you are locked to a draft class any season there on you can download a draft class in off season

By MTD25 »

I literally just created an account on this website to go on a rant. And it didn’t register the first time I posted so I don’t wanna go through the whole thing again. completely agree with “trying to fix unbroken things” this game is pissing me off. If I wanted to play a story mode, I’d play mycareer. 

Last edited September 29th, 2017 by MTD25
By iTofu »

I don't mind the story mode, I think there is value in creating a simulation that illuminates the struggles of balancing the personalities of owners, coaches, players, press, and agents. I think the agent relationships is the most uncovered of the NBA. Agents drive so much of what happens.

Nonetheless, I completely agree, the decision to disallow custom roster, draft classes and the forced trade mid-season kill the mode. It's such a strikingly strange choice to me because the developers have to be aware of how invested the community is in custom rosters and draft classes. It seems like it'd be easy for the mode to continue to function and just add Baldwin, Petrovic and other generational talents to your draft class for the needs of the storyline.

That mid-season trade is brutal too. Was playing the Lakers and having messed around with MyGM earlier this year and I tanked from the start. Collected draft picks, swapped future picks for 2018, etc. In dialogue, I made it clear the entire time I was rebuilding and getting draft picks. Gutted most the team minus Ball, Hart, Ingram, and Kuzma. Ended up with 4 valuable first-round picks. Day of the deadline the game forced two of those picks for Delon Wright... Don't get me wrong, I like Delon Wright... but damn.