Willis Reed '70
MVP Willis Reed
Written by Random 2k player
Bought for: Pulled
- Shooting: His mid range is one of his best weapons, he will rarely miss, and you can catch people by surprise when they don't expect your C/PF (depending on where you play him) to start pulling mid range shots.
- Post moves: His fade is similar, rarely misses and is easy to time for green releases. Hook has been good when I have gone to it as well.
- Rebounding: He is a very solid rebounding card, I have had no problem getting 5 or more in a game with him.
- Defense: He plays good defense in the post, and can get blocks with his 92 block rating.
- Athleticism: He has pretty decent speed and acceleration for a center, and his 70 vertical helps him grab a good amount of his boards.
- Height: He is a little short for the center position, he can work if you want to run a small ball lineup, but, his size makes him more suitable for the power forward position if you are concerned about size.
- Playmaking: He is like most big men, only good with simple passes and playmaking.
- Lateral quickness: Only a 57, a lot like most centers. But, if you plan on playing him at PF, he might struggle defending if somebody is playing LeBron or somebody faster at the PF spot. But, I will add typically as long as Willis is in the paint he is good, I am just saying this if people decide to bring him to the perimeter with faster guys he might struggle.
Recommended Strategy: Get good post fadeaway shots or find him for a open mid range.
Other Comments: I will note that he is left handed, if you don't know this you could be thrown off by his post moves if you are not expecting it. Since, they are a reverse of the post moves of right handed players. I would recommend going to freestyle mode to see the difference.
Use if: You are looking for a reliable scoring and rebounding C/PF
Don't use if: You want a taller C/PF, or one that has better playmaking.
Bottom Line: He is a great scorer/rebounder and can be a great option coming off the bench. He can play the PF spot if size is a concern and has handled it well in my experience. He is going for less than 20k now, so, if you need somebody to fill your bench PF or C spot or even starting lineup this is a great hidden jem of a player who will surprise people.