Possibly best single gold card
Written by imbalanced
Short paragraph summarizing the review and how you used the player: DPOY Kawhi is a very competent 3 and D wing (more D, for sure) who I recommend for any restricted challenges (3 gold or 3 amethyst). I personally have used him in gauntlet, domination, and offline challenges.
Bought for: 18,000 MT
- Defense: This guy is a true wing lockdown defender. If you let him go to work on the CPU you can just laugh at the CPU's futility going against him. In the "guys-who-never-won-a-ring" challenge I put him on the CPU's Allen Iverson and because AI is a chucker, he ended up shooting 4/20 against mostly Kawhi while Kawhi racked up 4 blocks. In the UCLA challenge, put him on Westbrook for similar results.
- Inside Scoring: He is a beast at attacking the rim especially on the fast break and has good dunk animations. He's not the best at drawing fouls but he hits his FTs consistently.
- Outside Scoring: 81 3 is pretty good and his release is slow so once you learn it, it's easy to get it down pretty consistently. I also like that his hot zones are the corner which are the best 3s to take anyway. Only problem is his low offensive consistency, so don't expect him to shoot like Current Harden (81 3 but 95+ consistency).
- Offensive Consistency: This is the only sore spot that makes him worse than Dynamic Kawhi as an elite 3 and D player. Although if this were higher, surely he would have been an amethyst.
- Playmaking: Fairly poor stats here so do not use him as a ball handler / passer and keep him on the wing.
Recommended Strategy: Lockdown defense against opponent's best wing, Fast break, Shoot wide open 3s
Use if: You want a gold 3 and D wing with an emphasis on the D side.
Don't use if: You want a gold 3 and D with an emphasis on 3 (go with Current Klay) or you think 18,000 MT is too much to spend on a gold or you are unrestricted and have the MT to spend on Dynamic Kawhi, Moments Klay, etc.
Bottom Line: Only complaints are the relatively high cost (for a gold) and the low offensive consistency, otherwise I would rate 5 stars as one of the best 3 and D wings in the game.