Derrick Rose '11
Best Budget PG
Written by conman_15
If you want a PG who can attack the basket and finish strong above the rim, D Rose is perfect for you. He has a good driving dunk, so he doesn't get blocked on weak layups like other PG's. He is a cheap version of Dynamic Russell Westbrook basically, except Rose can knock down 3's better if he is left open.
Bought for: 35,000 MT (Prices are cheaper now)
- Attacking the rim (6'5, 96 Driving Layup, 85 Driving Dunk)
- Athleticism (98 Speed and Acceleration, 94 Vertical, 98 Stamina and Hustle)
- Mid Range (92 Standing 95 Moving)
- Playmaking (95 Ball Control, 96 Passing Accuracy, 91 Passing Vision, 98 Passing IQ)
- Not an amazing 3 Point Shooter (78 Standing and Moving)
- Defense is just okay, lacks important badges like perimeter lockdown defender (81 On-ball, 83 P&R, 88 Help)
Recommended Strategy: Use speed to beat opponents up the floor and catch them off guard, screen and rolls, isolation, do not shoot contested 3's
Use if: You need an athletic point guard that can attack the rim and facilitate.
Don't use if: You need a point guard who can consistently knock down contested 3's.
Bottom Line: Amazing value for price, better than some of the diamond PG's that go for way more MT.