Written by TPAF
Now is you have known me well enough, you know that Kyrie Irving is my favorite player. To prove it, here is my review on this card. Yes, I do have it. I think this card is a secret gem that people should get if they can afford.
Bought for: Packed, but goes around 6-7,000 on Xbox One.
- Great finisher near the rim and does not miss most contested shots.
- Makes any open shot that you take with him; either from the three-point line or mid-range.
- Great ball handling and can get by his defender with smart dribbling.
- Can get the ball to almost anyone on the court (unless he is tightly guarded)
- Great Pick N' Roll/Pick N' Pop player to use (not the person setting the screen, but the ball handler)
- Can steal the ball well and can score fastbreaks quickly.
- Extremely quick and can drive easily.
- Cannot rebound the ball well, strategy for this is to box-out with one of your big men and for Kyrie to come and rebound (if necessary).
- Not the best defender, but still has the ability depending on what style of play you use.
- DO NOT POST UP WITH HIM (obviously)! TOO SMALL TO POST UP AGAINST BIG MEN, but can go against some guards.
Recommended Strategy: Use as an outside shooter or a driver. On defense, you could either play back or play against him tightly, either way.
Use if: You need a great shooter and your team can defend well.
Don't use if: You are looking for someone to post up to play great defense.
Bottom Line: Worth it for the price and will come in handy in many times.