Isaiah Rider '98
Transition God 2.0
Written by CWG0822
I used Rider along side ROTY Francis for an extremely athletics backcourt and with a complementing sharpshooter in Playoff's Bazemore. Rider was a god finishing at the rack and making open jumpers
Bought for: 4,000-ish MT
- Finishing inside: Can dunk hard or finish with layup. Gets a lot of "and-one" opportunities and can finish through contact
- Shooting: Can knockdown open three's and some mid-range shots. Athleticism scares defenders with drives, so pull-up jumpers are good to use
- Athleticism: Nice vertical to avoid blocks and athleticism covers many flaws
- Defense: Many flaws covered by athleticism. Can still keep up with players off-ball, but need to user on-ball.
- Shooting: Not knockdown. Need to get open looks from three or not too contested from midrange
Recommended Strategy: Run in transition and use iso to drive, pull-up, or dish.
Use if: "You want athleticism for transition play and decent shooting."
Don't use if: "You need knockdown shooting or lockdown defending
Bottom Line: Get out and run, finish hard, and pull-up or get going downhill in the half-court offense."