Written by J2KMT
Being a huge rockets fan, I had to pick up this card. When I got him I expected him to be great driver and shooter and be not too well on defense and so far I've been correct. Even when he was made a gold he held up my expectations. His an amazing passer, the guy is my starting point guard. His defense is barely sub-par however since I use him at the point, his height makes it easier to contest a point guard's shot.
Bought for: 130,000 MT (He was a 91 OVR)
- Amazing at finishing at the rim.
- Can shoot from 3 but I find it best to mix up how I use him offensively, to keep the opponent honest.
- Draws contact and goes to the line so often for an easy 2 points.
- Defending quicker players.
- Can be sometimes streaky, I've had him go one game drop 20 with 70%+, then only drop 2 points from FTs because he bricked everything else.
Recommended Strategy: As a great passer, run a couple of P&R plays with him.Also this card is an Iso monster, if the his opposition is a weak defender use Harden to attack as he will more then likely get easy points.
Use if: You need a great offensive threat.
Don't use if: You have a primary scorer already and need a defensive 2 guard who you'll only use as a spot-up shooter.
Bottom Line: Since this is a dynamic card, there is no telling whether the card will get better, but lately Harden has been doing great, could really see him going up in OVR. All that aside, the card right now is a great offensive juggernaut and if you need offense, get him, now.