@TheRealChopMerc10 Is there any advice you could give me for my lineup? I appreciate it
Yo Matt, thanks for asking me man. Your lineup is definitely very solid, but you need depth in the big man department on the bench, more size at the guard positions, and more defense off the bench.
Guards : Nate Archibald is a BEAST, as is Steve Francis, but going up against the likes of taller PGs like Magic and Oscar ( I have both and they're OP ), will definitely expose your players' lack of size. I would replace Eric Bledsoe with a John Wall card ( Amethyst or if you have the MT, Diamond ), or Amethyst Russell Westbrook. They are taller point guards and can guard taller PGs. They're both explosive as well and could pair nicely with Brogdan off the bench for a sweet combo of shooting and inside finishing. In my opinion, I would replace Francis as well in favour of a shooting guard such as Bradley Beal or James Harden, but it's your choice - a lot of people are passionate about keeping Francis on their rosters.
Big men - Your starting lineup is all set for big men, but your bench is solely lacking in size and defensive capability. Myles Turner is awesome, and he pairs with Paul George for the dynamic duo ( maybe think about replacing Wiggins with George ), but Josh Smith has far too low defensive capabilties to compete with elite power forwards. I would replace him with someone like Wes Unseld ( short but incredibly capable ), Dave Debusshere ( amazing all around PF for cheap ), or Bob McAdoo ( tall, fast, and rebounds like a beast ). You have a lot of guards off the bench, so maybe replace Simmons with someone like Diamond Marc Gasol ( if you have the MT ), or one of the the three other big men I just listed above.
Finally, a card that could change your whole lineup for the good - Diamond Kawhi Leonard. You could insert Kawhi into the starting lineup, pushing Paul Pierce to the 6th man. Why you may ask? Well, Kawhi and Aldridge team up for their dynamic duo to become one of the most overpowered pairs in the game, boosting Kawhi's three pointer to over 90 and increasing Aldridge's stats across the board.
I hope this helps!
Thank you man I really appreciate it. And in your opinion, who should I pick now since I'm almost at the end of Historic Domination? And maybe I'll let you know when I make those changes.
Hey no problem man it's my pleasure. :) Who you pick is whomever suits your playing style. In my opinion the three best are Thompson, Lucas, and Mikan, but if you like passing point guards you can't go wrong with Parker either.
Yes that diamond Paul Milsap is an absolute beast! His release is nearly perfect (for me) and he has been able to body guys like shawn kemp and Aldridge as well as shaq (not kidding), He is averaging over 22pts for me on online alone! I definetly reccomend him! http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/838114/current-lineup-xbox#comment-891195
@TheRealChopMerc10 Sorry to bother you man but I've made some changes to my lineup and I was wondering what do you think I should do from here?
Yo man! No problem at all! Love the lineup so far! Before I advice you on what to do, how much MT are you willing to spend for your next upgrades? :)
Right now I have like 300k mt and I'm good with spending it all
Okay then, here are the upgrades I would do - I'll give you a few options for each position, but if you don't like any of my suggestions, feel free to do what you want! For my cards, I am only recommending Diamond cards, so that's why I don't say "Diamond *insert player*" every time.
- Replace 93 Jimmy with the 96 overall ( for some reason, the 96 is miles better than the 93 and is well worth the upgrade for only 38K )
- For your center, the market crash will aid you greatly. Now, there are some many options for elite centers under 130K.
1. Nikola Jokic : IMO literally a Top 5 center in the game period, and he's only 85-90K! He has two hall of fame badges, a 95 3... yes... for a center, great rebounding, and is an all around MONSTER.
2. If you don't want to spend that much, why not go for Marc Gasol? He is only 30-35K and has the stats of someone who should go for 100K+.
3. Joel Embiid : He's cheesy and tall, and has a terrific three point shot as well. I would only go for this card if you are a big Joel fan, because at 100K, you can get a much better center in Jokic for 10K cheaper.
4. If you want to continue using a Demarcus card, you can scoop the 97 Boogie for only 120K. He can shoot better, and all of his stats get a generous boost. An underrated card who nobody seems to hype up at all.
- For backup SG/PG, I would contemplate the Damian Lillard + CJ Mccollum Dynamic Duo. Both of their defenses increase when they're playing together, and they are lethal scorers from the outside. I used Lillard for a month before upgrading him to Magic Johnson ( kicked out of my lineup by Oscar Robertson ), and he was surprisingly incredible for me. He can even dunk on people on a regular basis. The duo BTW only costs 80K COMBINED. A great deal in my opinion.
To bolster up your Amethysts and Rubies, you can pick up
- Pete Maravich for only 65-70K, and he has 10 Hall of Fame badges, including Limitless Range. 10 HOF badges for 70K is a crazy good buy, and he could come off your bench to give you a massive scoring boost.
- Diamond upgrade to Andrew Wiggins : with my squad : http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/982400/no-money-spent-lineup-xbox , I literally still rotate this Andrew Wiggins into my lineup from time to time! He's that good! For only like 55-65K, he is a monster inside and outside, and his three pointer for some reason is extremely consistent online. I often burn people with 3-5 threes in one game, shooting over 70% from the arc. No joke at all.
- If you buy Jokic, you could also buy Gasol to come off that bench to replace Turner.
- Now that we've replaced Francis ( with Maravich ), Wiggins with his Diamond version, ( I honestly think you should replace Nate if you have 300K to spend, so that roster spot wouldn't been taken by Lillard or McCollum ), and Turner with Gasol, we're left with Josh Smith. If you want to run a bigger lineup, you can snag another big man, and if you want to run a smaller lineup, you can buy a Small Forward. It's up to you! Good options include a KNOCKDOWN shooter in Peja Stojakovic, superb dunking and rebounding in Shawn Kemp, or Gobert for more defence.
So how it stands now, this is what ME PERSONALLY, I would do :
96 Jimmy Butler - 38K
96 Nikola Jokic - 85K
96 Damian Lillard - 50K
95 C.J. McCollum - 30K
96 Pete Maravich - 67K
95 Andrew Wiggins - 50K
95 Marc Gasol - 30K
94 Peja Stojakovic - 55K
This all costs 400K, but you can always take out players that you don't want here and there, maybe subtracted Pete Maravich and Peja, and you're right at 300K! It's flexible, so do whatever you think would work well for your team! :)
Have an awesome week and good luck with your lineup!
I meant would've instead of wouldn't BTW sorry about that
Try to get wes unseld he's a center but undersized so put him as power foward and wes unseld is like a point foward and he could shoot and he's quick and he's a really good paint protector
Yeah I was thinking either that or get Millsap or save up for Aldridge
I assume you haven't played the weekly challenges, and doesnt look like you need Centers, but Willis Reed at C ends up with around 15 and 8 most games for me without even trying
And If you're able, sell a bit for 94 Harden, big step up from Butler, can play PG excellent as well
91 Irving also a good player coming off the bench
Yeah I'm way behind I still need two more tokens for Reed. Plus Butler is there mostly for defense but I'll definitely take your advice I have plenty of MT right now. So thank you I appreciate it.