Artis Gilmore '72
Artis Gilmore Review
Written by GaronJongen
I got Artis as I am a bull's fan and I needed a center at the time, I straight away put him in at starting C and put ruby Anthony Davis to PF, in his first game he had nine points, 11 boards, two assists and a block. I don't run the offence through certain players so having this stat line was quite impressive, I did miss some post hooks with him but I can blame it on bad animations, the worst part about him is that he will never be in the paint for some reason, I'm not quite sure why but hone he is he can block shots and rebound the ball insanely well.
Bought for: Bulls collection costed around 300-400 mt
- Standing dunking is good even with the low 80 overall, but I suggest applying posteriser
- Defensive rebounding is great, hardly will give up an offensive rebound to the opponent
- Blocking shots when in the paint and strength to body most other centers
- Stands outside of the paint constantly giving away some buckets to the opponent
- Misses some contested layups or hooks
Recommended Strategy: Pick and roll and lob it to him, making sure you apply lob city finisher, and keep him inside on defense
Other Comments: Apply appropriate badges to him, don't run the offence through him and don't expect a demigod from this guy
Use if: You need a center that can rebound and play defence on other centers.
Don't use if: You need a diamond to constantly score with (in that case I suggest Larry Johnson or Elton Brand)
Bottom Line: Very solid player, might become a simple role player for your team