Clyde Drexler '95
Clyde the Glide!
Written by ApacheVersace
So, i decided to finally break into some of the MT i have totalled from packs and trading... because i needed a top top SG and i had fallen in love with the Slashing/3D aspect of the game- and who really better right now than the Glide himself?? This card is a cot damn monster, my 2nd favorite card this year behind Dr J (check my review on him and you will see why) he is probably the most offensively versatile player i have because he can burn you to the rim or punish you if you give him just a yard from the arc.
Bought for: 350,000 MT (for both the current & historic Rockets collection)
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim, makes a lot of layups with contact (excuse the bs animations that make you miss) and can JAM on fools with some sick animations- a very fast and aggressive dunker, top tier with the likes of Vince.
- Standing Shot 3pt: Doesn't miss open shots, can even knock down contested and moving 3's to a degree- a good shooter, but not a lazer.
- Mid range game: Very strong. Sadly in my lineup he competes alongside players like Dr J and Dantley, who are elite. Therefore i can tell the difference between INSANE mid range and very strong midrange... Drexler is the latter, an 8.5/10.
- Defense: Very solid defender, once again slightly inferior to Dr J but i would consider him an elite defender. Covers ground quickly, decent shot contest, good defensive rebounding, decent stealing, but most importantly- good at staying in front of his man.
- Shooting form/release: Far from catastrophic, but has a unique style and release time that is hard to master, can still make LOTS of buckets without greening, but to call his shooting 'butter' or 'green bean' would be a lie. All the same a very very solid shooter.
- Post scoring: Not bad, but not as good as you would hope given his size, position and post stats being well above average for a SG.
Recommended Strategy: "Drive 1v1 or in the slightest of gaps, catch and shoot, create space and shoot, mid range pull-up, slash, drive in to create space then kick out to an open teammate."
Use if: "You want a beastly player as the SG/SF position (size, athleticism, dunks etc.)- arguably the best in his category (SG) if not then certainly an elite- who can play solid D and bang home the 3 ball with consistency."
Don't use if: "You want a little, agile, SG/PG who is a lazer from 3 (e.g. Diamond Goodrich)"
Bottom Line: "An athletic 2-way superstar with beautiful animations and great defense, can pretty much do it all on offense, making him a versatile threat whenever he is on the court. Also, remember this 350k gives you 2 rubies (Sampson and Hayes who are great role players) and a lot of surprisingly strong sapphires (The Jet, Otis Thorpe, Scola #GOAT, Vernon Maxwell, etc.)... just to sway you a little more ;)"