Jeremy Lin '12
Linsane in the Membrane
Written by Pierce54
I'm thrilled to complete one challenge and receive a reward player, it reminds me of 2k MyTeam days of old where players such as Dominique and Yao were acquired through such means. Now we have Jeremy Lin, which at first may not sound appealing but after getting him you will be more than pleased.
Bought for: Free Chinese New Year Challenges
- Inside scoring: He is a good finisher around the rim with a 91 driving lay-up accompanied with an 84 draw foul. In addition, he has an acrobat badge and relentless finisher which compliments the attribute numbers.
- Handles: My favorite part about this card, his handles are some of the most crisp and shifty I have seen this year. Upgrade his ankle breaker badge to a gold and watch some And-1 mixtape type highlights happen at the expense of your opponent's defense.
- Shooting: As you can see, his shooting stats are solid and his release is very easy to master. He can hit shots off the dribble with ease in the mid-range. Couple this with his handles and he can be a very effective scorer.
- Dunks- he dunks fairly often and his packages are simple and won't get blocked from him trying to cock it back.
- Defense- he is not a great defender, however his 82 steal will cause some turnovers if he gets an upgraded pick-pocket badge. Playmaking- A+ playmaking, passing is stellar and will get assists easily.
- Rebounding: He is a traditional scoring point guard, one should not expect him to be grabbing boards.
- Lateral Quickness: As previously stated, not an excellent defender and his 78 lateral will hurt when guarding expert ball handlers.
Recommended Strategy: Iso, get saucy on those trying to on-ball you and watch the ankles get shattered. Find him open in the corner for catch and shoot opportunities. Drive and create for teammates for easy baskets.
Use if: You want a scoring guard who is also an excellent playmaker to come off your bench and be a spark
Don't use if: You need a lock down defender or someone to check taller guards such as Magic.
Bottom Line: He's free, get him. If you don't like him, you did not lose any MT. If you do like him, you just got a solid guard for free. Win-Win