Manu Ginobili '12
El Manu - Spurs Legend -
Written by Stevenashius
Well, I'am a big fan of Manu. His career forces respect, and when this card was released, I just had to get him. I looked for him in the auction house, but he was going for more than 120k MT, too expensive for me at the time. I bought 10 throwback playoff moments packs, after purchasing some VC, but didn't pull him. So I sold some cards, and I was finally able to get him on instant buy for 100 K MT.
My starting SG is diamond Kobe, so I used Manu in my second unit. I tried to run my offense trough him, for the first 5 games , then I used him again without forcing anything for 3 other games. I've been using at the PG, SG, and SF spots. Here is what I think of this card...
Bought for: 100,000 MT
- Inside scoring : Surprisingly, Manu is really good at getting buckets inside. He has great Euro Step tendencies, and dunks more often thant expected. His dunking stats aren't the best, but I've been able to sometimes dunk on some centers, from time to time. If you masters the lay ups with your stick, then he is money. He has HOF Acrobat, and Relentless Finisher, good animations, plus he is great at drawing foul...like real life Manu.
- Shooting : Stats, badges, great release...Manu has the complete package to be a great shooter. He is money in catch and shot situations, but can also take shots while moving, or off the dribble, with high accuracy. He also is a lefty, and that can disturb you opponent sometimes.
- Playmaking : Of course, when playing Supermax, you know you will face some SG or SF at the point. So I decided to try Manu as a pointguard. And like in real life, he is more than capable at this position. If you try 5-out cheese with him, he won't be as good as a Lebron, Kobe or Giannis card, because of his lower dunking ability. But he is as good as a diamond or PD james Harden. My favorite play is to use him in pick'n roll situations. HoF Flashy passer badge is very useful, and you can get buckets almost at will.
- Rebounding : Not really a weakness, he has good stats for a SG, but just don't expect him to outrebound an elite center or PF.
- Defense : Somehow, I find that 89 overall defending a little disrespecting, considering that Manu is in fact a very good and very smart defender. His stealing ability could be better, but he still can pickpocket well if your timing is good. I just don't undestand why he doesn't have de HoF Charge card badge, and Gold Lockdown Defender could have been given to him too. In game, he can guard both PG and SG with ease, but will suffer against an elite physical SG or SF.
Recommended Strategy: "Pick'n Roll, catch and shoot, mid range pull-up, or just attack the rim. Play him either at the PG or SG spot."
Other Comments: "Forcing 1vs1 situations with him is a bad idea, as he can be blocked, and get cold. He is better when used as a spot up shooter"
Use if: "You want the best 6th man ever, a complete elite SG"
Don't use if: "You need a physical, dunking SG"
Bottom Line: "Must buy if you like basketball. Worth the money, especially if combined with diamond Tony Parker, amethyst Kawhi Leonard, diamond Lamarcus Aldridge and amethyst Tim Duncan, with diamond Popovich as coach."