Kareem Abdul-Jabbar '92
The Captain gets his job done
Written by Bulls_Fan151
While looking for an upgrade of my starting Center, emerald Tyson Chandler (still sorry for sacking him from my first team), I recognized happily, that I could afford to buy 7`2” legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. At this evening I have chosen him over sapphire Hassan Whiteside and Marc Gasol– and still don´t regret my choice.
**Bought for: 6,85K MT (market crashed because of amy Cousins and Beal, later on I saw him even for 5,95K).
- Inside scoring: Though I am not very familiar to the post move mechanics of 2K, I get many buckets with him. Standing (!) Layup, dunking, fade – check. But to use his real strength, his signature shot, I have to get used to the post hook first :)
- Rebound: Because of his height he grabs a lot of rebounds. And even Shaq doesn´t push him aside that easily because of his 80 in strength and boxout
- Block: Against the `98 Lakers in Historic Domination, he got 4 in about 10 minutes playing time. His tendency for this is just 51, but because of the fact that I mostly play off ball with the center, I am fine with that (don’t get angry, I don´t play online)
- Stamina: Though he was 45 years of age at that time, 2K was very generous and gave him a 90. Doesn´t get exhausted too quickly and even with low stamina he gets his job done.
- Driving to the rim: While his standing layup is fine, his driving layup is somewhat shaky. He doesn´t like traffic in the paint neither.
- 3Pt: I don´t expect him to hit one, so I even don´t try
- Playmaking: Well, he is an old fashioned Center
**Recommended Strategy: Post moves, Pick and Roll
**Use if: You want an old fashioned, tall Center, who gets his job done offensively and defensively
**Don't use if: You want one of those young, athletic, full of steroids rim rockers like Towns, Cousins or Whiteside, who can hit the three as well
**Bottom Line: Great fun and nice player to use while building up your team.
P.S. You will get two PS4 Trophys as well:”On the dotted line” and “one of…”
P.P.S. Sorry for mistakes- I am german