Hakeem Olajuwon '98
Post Hook for Days!
Written by JLBallin
This new content of signature series diamonds Allen Iverson, Hassan Whiteside, and amethyst Hakeem Olajuwon was a huge surprise to me because it was advertised late on 2K's twitter but was first in the game. I was fortunate enough to pull this Hakeem in a 20 pack box.
Bought for: Packed in Throwback Box
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim, post moves, standing dunk
- Defense: locks down, blocks, contests well
- Rebounding: grabs boards well
- Strength: 88 works but it should be in the 90s because he does bully and back his way into the paint
- three: it's a 63 so only take when wide open and corner
- driving dunk: not good and I would like my centers to be able to have a driving dunk even if they are not fast
Recommended Strategy: mid range, post moves, jump to block shots and grab rebounds
Other Comments: His mid range makes him versatile so I put him at PF and I have the diamond Hassan at center. this duo provides excellent defense with rebounding and blocks. I cruised by 3 more all time domination teams with them
Use if: you want a post dominate, rebounding, and defensive center with mid range
Don't use if: you want a stretch 5 who can shoot the three or an athletic center who runs fast and has a high driving dunk
Bottom Line: Price is reasonable for now and definitely worth it. I only gave 4 stars because there is room for improvement on a future diamond version