Bob McAdoo '75
Written by JLBallin
Wasn't too hyped with this round of throwbacks but looking again at this Bob McAdoo who can drive, dunk, defend, and shoot the midrange. I had to at least give him a try.
Bought for: 100,000 MT bid
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim. Can drive to the basket, catch lobs, post game and fadeaway.
- Midrange:really easy release with good ratings, one of the best release for a big man as many other have slow releases
- Defense: blocks, contests, locks down opponent
- Rebounding: Vertical factors into the rebounding so the combo of both in high 90s means he's snagging. He is currently my best and most consistent rebounder and I tried PD Kareem, Shaq, Ralph Sampson, and Yao Ming. Those other guys will have good and bad rebounding games but In 5 games McAdoo gets at least 7-8 rebounds or more.
- Threes: anyone under 70 three I just don't try to take them
- Free Throw: Rating is fine and can get into the 90s with a shoe but the release is too quick for me and I'll miss a few. Experience with the timing and you'll be fine but adding a shoe might improve the timing as it'll be +5 to become a 94 rating which should be near perfect every time.
- Height: 6'9 so undersized at the Center but he's fine for a Power forward. Obviously someone with Yao Ming, Ralph Sampson or someone over 7 ft might beat him in post game but as I said play him at PF.
Recommended Strategy: "Drive 1v1, mid range, alley oop, post up, post fade
Use if: "You want an midrange, athletic, defensive power forward"
Don't use if: You want a stretch big or 7 ft+ center
Bottom Line: Great player to play at power forward with unbelievable rebounding for his height and surprisingly athletic with an easy release for a big man to hit those midrange shots.