Jeremy Lin '12
Actual Jeremy Lin review
Written by Ydood2000
When these Chinese New Year packs came out, I wasn’t going to go for anyone. But then I got suckered in a bought a 10 box. Two Yoa Ming pulls later, I completed the set. I already had Gilbert, and hated his realease. I wanted to get Jermey Lin because I was a fan. Looking at his stats I didn’t have very high expectations. He ended up blowing those expectations away. He plays really well in game with very few weakness. However he isn’t good enough to fully justify the price. However since I’m a fan it was worth it for me.
Bought for: set reward, around 500,000-600,000 MT
- Standing shot three: With an excellent rating and Steve Kerr at coach he won’t miss while wide open and still hits a lot while contested. I’ve heard people say his jump shot has a hitch, but for me it is a green machine.
- Standing shot mid: He won’t miss while open or contested, everything he shoots goes in.
- Moving shot mid: With HOF difficult shots, he still doesn’t miss from mid.
- Dribbling: great animations, never looses the ball.
- Passing: He makes every pass and with HOF dimer, he is the one you want passing.
- Layups: He has insane animations, all which seem to go in. He rarely misses, and when contested does a cheesy animation to make it open.
- Dunking: He doesn’t poster often, and doesn’t attempt to often. However he has effective, fun dunks.
- Steals: He rips everyone’s pockets.
- Fun capability’s: everything he does is fun.
- Rebounding: He isn’t tall and doesn’t have good stats, so put Yao Ming in for the boards.
- PRICE: HE IS VERY EXPENSIVE.
- Height: He is the normal point guard height so that will hurt him when guarding the Magic’s and Giannis's
- HOF badges: He has good ones, but to make him complete HOF lim and Deadeye would have been helpful, and while fun lob city finisher isn’t really practical.
Recommended Strategy: Drive 1v1, catch and shoot, mid range pull-up, pic and rolls, and spot up threes.
Other Comments: (optional) I haven’t tried his plays at all. But with pick and roll maestro HOF badge he is good with pick and rolls/pops.
Use if: You want a fun point guard who can do it all
Don't use if: You don’t want to spend this kind of mt.
Bottom Line: The only justification is if you want to use Yao Ming, Tracy Mcgrady, and at least one other player in the collection. Even if you use all that it still is a risk to lock them in. Overall he is fun to use and is worth it to me.