Finally a PD PG
Written by FRaND1ZZ
This card is is one of the best I've played with this year. Lights out shooter, can dunk over anyone and plays lock down defense. His badges really make the difference compared to his other versions. I run him at the 3 and always have him defending my opponent's best offensive player. I haven't tried him with Dynamic Duos Russ yet.
Bought for: Pulled in pack
- Inside scoring: HOF Posterizer enables him to dunk over everyone...great animations around the rim and rarely gets blocked.
- 3pt: 95s - can hit any 3 from any location. Easy to green but his shot is a little slow / inconsistent at times.
- Defense: 97 lateral quickness and great overall stats means he can defend against anyone. Gets more steals than the stats suggest.
- Rebounding: probably the biggest surprise for me. Grabs a good amount of defensive rebounds over taller players. He'll out rebound most players at his position.
- Fast break: after he rebounds he can get up and down the floor super quick and is great at finishing on the fast break. Also a great outlet option and seems to always be open streaking down the court.
- Mid-range: I haven't missed an open mid-range shot with him but he can be a little inconsistent when contested. Hits more mid-range shots than the stats suggest. If there is a weakness with this card it'd be this. Pair him with Dynamic Duos Russ and his stats reach the mid 80s.
Recommended Strategy: Drive 1v1, catch and shoot, pick and roll ball handler, assign to guard top offensive player; don't force it
Use if: You want a slashing sharpshooter who plays elite defense.
Don't use if: You want to cheese a tall player at point; I found he works better off ball and setting him up for opportunities.
Bottom Line: Very expensive right now but he's one of the best in the game at the moment. He's running at a 98 for me with Kerr and a diamond shoe I bought for 9k.