Solid 6th Man
Written by TerribleSHooter
CP3 cards are hit or miss for me in 2k. This one has a couple issues but it's not a bad card to pickup for your early lineups.
Bought for: ~7,000 MT (Worth no more than 5,000 now)
- Ball Control/Playmaking: It's Chris Paul, so obviously he's great at passing and handling the ball! Really good at running the PnR, as expected.
- Perimeter Defense: Very good perimeter defender. Will struggle against bigger opponents, but can slow down most guards along the perimeter.
- Mid-Range Shooting: Pretty much money from mid-range shooting. Great at pulling up in the middle off of a screen.
- Height/Size: At 6', he's gonna get blocked by defenders at the rim or abused on switches if you're not careful.
- Slow Release: Release is painfully slow, one of the slowest in the game for a guard. You'll have to be wide open if you want to hit a three.
Recommended Strategy: Spam high Pick and Rolls! Try to find your roll man or stop and pop for a mid-range jumper.
Use if: You need a 6th man with a mid-range shot and good defense
Don't use if: You want a taller guard with a quick release
Bottom Line: Pretty good value. Wouldn't have him starting but as a 6th man or bench piece for early lineups he's a good pickup.