Arvydas Sabonis '03
A Skilled Giant
Written by Camden_
I was hoping people would sleep on this card. The good players know what's up, though. Sabonis can flat out HOOP. He's so nice on both ends of the floor, and I really feel the need to tell you all about it.
Bought for: 200,000 MT (Price varies between 200k-280k on Xbox)
- Passing - This is the obvious draw to the card. HOF dimer is no joke, and his passing stats are incredible. Great player for an inside-out game. If you give him gold break starter, you can make any outlet pass you want. Your offense can be getting the board with Sabonis and chucking the ball up the floor.
- Shooting - Great shooting attributes and a fantastic release. That brings me into my next strength:
- Release - From my experience, his release doesn't have a great green window, but man is it easy to time. Might be the most consistent big man release I've used this year. UPDATE: I’m greening pretty much everything with him now. More greens than any other player I’ve used except maybe diamond PG with a 3 pt shoe
- Post Scoring - Can score inside in many ways. His height allows him to take hooks and fades like it's nothing.
- Rebounding - Rebounds like a 7'3" Pure Glass Cleaner.
- Inside Defense - He blocks A LOT of shots. Sabonis has fantastic defensive IQ, a good block rating, a wide body, and he's 7'3" with a good vertical. He can definitely anchor a defense.
- Pick and Pop Defense - This really sucks. He can't guard the pick and pop. He lacks the lateral quickness and acceleration to move well enough to be able to slow down the ball and recover in time.
- Lack of HOF Badges - Only has dimer. I would've liked at least one other HOF badge, like pick and popper, hustle rebounder, drop stepper, etc.
Recommended Badges: 6 of these 7: Break Starter, Difficult Shots, Limitless Range, Deep Range Deadeye, Relentless Finisher, Lob City Finisher, Posterizer
Recommended Shoe: I'd go with the purple Kyrie 4 PE. It gives a boost to his speed, lat quickness, and a few other things. Otherwise, the white PG1 is still a good option if you can afford it.
Amethyst Porzingis: ~60k, Better lateral quickness, but inferior strength, post game, playmaking, and rebounding. Diamond / Pink Diamond Jokic: ~45k and ~130k, Two inches shorter and inferior dunking and defense. Pink Diamond Ralph Sampson: ~130k, Better lateral quickness, but worse shooting.
Use if: You want the best stretch big in MyTeam who can do it all.
Don't use if: You're looking for a versatile (Perimeter) defender or Shaq-type player.
Bottom Line: Not leaving my starting center spot any time soon.