Austin Carr '81
Austin Carr review
Written by weegee
Austin Carr is a great budget beast card. He has scent stats at first glance, but with his Campy Russell duo he’s a solid diamond card. He has nice animations and tendencies
Bought for: 8,000 MT (PS4)
- Campy Russell duo: +2 overall and boosts in important stats (ball control, shooting, etc.)
- Inside scoring: Great dunker and good dribble moves to get him inside
- Three point shooting: Solid shooting with Russell duo and hits open shots. Slowish release, but easy to time.
- Price: the duo goes for 15k. I don’t know if you can get Bette than that.
- *Size: Felles bigger than 6’4” against small guards.
- Rebounding: He’s not good at rebounding. What do you expect?
- Inconsistency: It might just be me, but sometimes he scores 12 on 5/6 shots, and sometimes he’ll score 4 points on 4 shots.
- *Size: He’s only 6’4”. I run him at PG which works well usually, but he’s still small compared to Giannis, Lebron, or Magic.
*Note: he plays like he’s 6’6” against small guys but like he’s 6’3” against taller guards.
Recommended Strategy: Run with the Russell duo, otherwise no point in using him. Drive to the basket and dunk or have him run off ball and cut baseline.
Use if: You want a budget PG who is as good as many diamonds (with duo obv).
Don't use if: You already have a set SG and SF so you have no room for Russell.
Bottom Line: Great value for money, nice player to use while building up your team until you can get 40k diamond PG on the bench.