Written by donnymost68
This card just dropped today, and he's already dumb cheap. I recently lost all my players in some weird scam shit that my dumbass fell for (can't say ik why, but all my PD's were gone (RIP)), and I've been fuckin around with my bench shooting guard (tried PD Victor (he's good, and nice inside, but his release is ai and his handles ain't the nicest). Thank the lord this DeRozan dropped today, because he's the answer to everything I've been looking for.
Bought for: 33,000 MT
- Inside scoring: Ferocious driver. Finishes layups with complete ease. If he gets a pass from someone with playmaking takeover, it's a guaranteed finish or foul. He doesn't dunk nearly as much as that PD Clyde, but he still throws down quite often and quite viciously. Athletic takeover is as broken on him as it is on Clyde.
- Mid Range: Best aspect of his game. Any mildly open shot is cash. His release is that of T-Mac's (one of my favorites), and his moving shots create OD space and they're very easy to time. His shot creator takeover means he ain't missing when it's a half decent shot.
- 3PT: I wouldn't recommend shooting these as your go-to, but if he has the space, it's rain. A 3PT shoe and a coach would make him deadly from the outside. Moving 3PTers aren't the worst shot, but they aren't ideal either. Very mixed opinions on his 3-ball. Haven't seen any wide open misses or anything.
- Athleticism: Ridiculously fast and jumps through the roof.
- Post Game: No hook obviously, and the fade seems low, but weirdly enough, I've gone to this shot a few times, and it's been money for me. Same releases as Diamond Kawhi. I don't know what to say about this aspect of his game, since it's gone in despite the stats.
- Playmaking: DeMar's dribbles are flames. His ability to draw a defense and drop the ball down low to an open center (for me it's Amy P.J. Brown (super slept on card) is lowkey broken. He also creates tons of space for open mid range shots with that gorgeous handle package.
- Defense: DeMar is actually quite the nice defender. Don't expect him to rip his opposition like Galaxy Opal IT (who is actually really good after the latest patch), but he is great at providing size and staying in front. His defense is traditional, and it works well.
- Rebounding: DeMar actually grabs boards. Not on the offense (as you can see by the 36 offensive rebounding), but he truly snags boards on defense due to that high vertical and weirdly high defensive rebounding stat and boxout
- I mean...: I can't say he has a discernible weakness. Like his 3 isn't amazing, but it's still good. I don't really care about offensive rebounding and post hook on a two guard, and his post fade (despite low rating) goes in a lot so far. I guess he's bad at low post defense? Which is very situational
Recommended Strategy: Isolate often, catch and shoot, mid range pull-up, post fade (if you have like a 7-point lead it's a good shot, anything less and it's a gamble), pick and roll/fade (he can play either role).
Use if: You want a cheap top tier athlete who can shoot from outside and contribute on defense
Don't use if: You need a marksman from deep
Bottom Line: Insane player for his price. Absolutely worth a cop. All I can say about this card is, "Wow."