Grant Hill '05
Written by TerribleSHooter
Bought for: 180,000 MT
- Shooting: Can hit the open shot and has some nice HoF badges. He's deadly off the dribble from mid-range and is great at spotting up behind the arc. The release is pretty smooth albeit a little slow.
- Defense: Card is an AWESOME defender, has all the badges you need for perimeter defense. Usually gets 1-3 automatic steals for me, he's a great card to slap on your opponent's PG and his high strength for a wing lets him hold his own in the paint as well. Maybe not as nice as Kawhi or Pippen on D due to frames, but he's pretty much lockdown in most scenarios.
- Shot Creating/Ball-handling: Dude can make things happen when you give him the ball. Has solid dribble animations and can create space for a shot or drive in for a dunk.
- Playmaking: God damn, they did not have to give this guy HoF Dimer and PnR Maestro but they went ahead and did it and it's fucking awesome. Great badges for running at point.
- Athleticism: Dude is fast as fuck and has a GREAT layup and dunking package. He can slam it down and make lots of heavily contested layups with HoF Acrobat and Relentless Finisher.
- Release Speed: Gonna be a slow for those of you used to Base 11, but I'm growing to like it with practice. Definitely smoother than Magic's release.
- Post Game: Wish they gave him at least a mid-80s rating for his fade because the animation is smooth as hell, but I put a shoe on him to boost it and it's still pretty solid. His hook is non-existent and he doesn't have any other good animations here so he's not somebody I'd post up with a lot.
Recommended Strategy: Run him at PG. PnR ball-handler, Spot-up Shoot, Drive, ISO, Pull-up midrange
Recommended Shoe/Badges Pink Adidas Superstar is perfect for him, maxes out his SWB and Steal and boosts his fade a little bit. Only badges he really needs are Bruiser and Limitless Range (Maybe Rim Protector if you run a switch-all defense) but he already has everything everything else you need.
Use if: You want one of the best auctionable cards in the game with an extremely well-rounded game who's an absolute beast at the point
Don't use if: You're strict about quick releases or you're dead broke (He'll probably fall to 100-150K in a few days, so there's not many excuses not to target him at that point)
Bottom Line: AMAZING card. A Top 10 card in the game right now and probably a Top 3 auctionable card. Might be the best card to run at point at the moment. Buy/Target this guy ASAP!