Michael Jordan '95
Galaxy Opal MJ:Is He Worth It?
Written by SteveTrash_13
In this review I’m not gonna talk about how many points I scored with him in an online game or how great he is, because we can all read his stats. He’s great, we all know that. Just a quick glance look at his attributes will tell you that. I’m going to discuss he animations and tendencies and the overall feel of the card and weather it is worth the hefty price tag.
Short paragraph summarizing the review and how you used the player
Bought for: Packed
- Inside scoring: MJ’s lay-ups and dunk animations are some of the most fun and outrageous animations in the game. However both the Galaxy Opal and Pink Diamond versions have the same animations, tendencies, badges and “Basically the same finishing stats depending on what coach you use. (I use Mike D’Antoni)
- Defense: Defensive tendencies are exactly the same on both cards, and badge-wise they are the same except the for Chase Down artist.
- Shooting: while the Galaxy Opal definitely has better stats, MJ’s release is sooo smooth that they both will hit consistently anyway (your gonna have to add Limitless Range to the PD)
- Extras: Both cards have HOF Post Spin Technician which is really cheese for a guard matched up against another guard
- Playmaking: This is probably what separates these cards two cards more than anything. The Galaxy Opal has HOF Ankle Breaker, Dimer, and Lob City Passer whereas the PD only has them on Gold. These are big time badges to have HOF and is really the biggest reason to want the Galaxy Opal over the PD.
Bottom Line: While the Galaxy Opal is the Superior card, it is NOT worth paying 700k MT (price of card when review is written) when the PD is only about 110-120k MT. The PD does everything that the Galaxy Opal does ALMOST to the same degree of the Galaxy Opal for 1/7 of the price. What makes MJ a next level card isn’t the stats or the badges, it’s his tendencies and animations that separate him from the other players. For a budget baller I’d recommend getting the PD. For those who just want to see that beautiful Galaxy Opal in there lineup and got the money for it, then go for it.