Lonzo Ball without the ball
Written by Externel
Lonzo, lonzo, lonzo, a good player but who unfortunately has many flaws. As often i had a really hard time at first before i knew what i had to do with this player, despite everything i don't think i'd keep him in my squad.
Bought for: 20,000 (PC)
- IQ Defense and Defense : No wonder on this point, he is very strong in defence and especially in pass anticipation. He very often cuts the pass lines which allows to create a transition quickly. His defense on man is very good also he can defend 1,2 and some 3.
- Steal : After an excellent defense we can often try to steal, Lonzo does it very well and once again allows to create a fast game.
- Dunk and finish : He is very sober about dunks which allows to ensure the dunk, i haven't done much posting but if there is a little space Lonzo will be able to dunker without any problem. Its dunk animations are quite simple but effective. It also has a very nice finish with or without contact, i was surprised at number of And One I made. It's probably one of his best qualities with the defense.
- Passing : For the moment I haven't missed a pass with Lonzo once, he's strong on this point, whether it's for short pass or long pass.
- Turn over : I think i've never lost the ball so much with a pure PG, it's effective at intercepting but it's the same for direct opponents, a lot but too many turnovers.
- Shoot : His shoot is bad, that's of course my opinion and it's quite personal people will like others no but for me it's impossible, he misses shots open at 3 points or mid-range when he has good marks, in a dozen games of not having played a single green.
Recommended Strategy: Fast game (transition) to avoid guarding the ball
Use if: You want an defensive PG with a good finish
Don't use if: You need good shooting
Bottom Line: If fast play is your favorite strategy then maybe this player is right for you, his passes, defense and interception make him a very good fast player. On the other hand if you want to keep the ball, create and shoot I think it's not the right player. You also have to love realease.