Carmelo Anthony '12
Written by donnymost68
Holy fucking christ this card. I was lucky enough to get him (and that new Stock) in a box, and I knew he’d go for a fuck-ton. So I tried him for 2 games, and he’s not going anywhere. Let me explain why
Bought for: Packed (8/20)
- Inside scoring: Nearly unstoppable mix of agility and power at the rim. HOF Posterizer triggers more than often and when it’s not he’s doing a swift layup that results in a foul, or a bucket. Maybe don’t run headfirst into two bigs, cuz it ain’t foolproof, but almost any shot inside will lead to points.
- Free Throw: Unlike his jump shot, this shot is slower, and thus makes free throw shooting way less erratic, but rather calm (and easy w his 97 rating).
- Mid Range: Unrivaled. The best part of this card for me no cap. Standing, fading, off one leg, sitting down, with his fucking eyes closed, Melo doesn’t miss from mid.
- 3PT: Not as guaranteed as his mid range, but still so goddamn deadly. Three threes and he’s in takeover, and from there it’s game over (Sharp/Shot Creating). One of my favorite releases in the game to boot (holy fuck this card).
- Playmaking: Handles saucier than Ragu. His insane speed with the ball, goated ball control, and great passing accuracy make him so much of a threat with the ball. Though you very well could, please guys don’t run him at point. Giannis at the 1 is bad enough.
- Post Game: This is the Melo 12 year old me remembers. He can body anyone and just fade and hit it. I don’t really use the hook, but the fade can kill a hardworking man with a family.
- Athleticism: Fast as a mf, strong enough to back down most of his matchups, and just so goddamn quick.
- Defense: I’m fully confused as to how this card got HOF Pick Pocket, but Melo is the fully capable defender his real life self always wanted to be. His biggest weakness has been almost completely erased (Like he’s not lockdown but he’s excellent at matching up w most everyone).
- Rebounding: High rebounding stats and his vert lead to some great boards.
- This is gonna be a weird one: His only weakness is that you might get too sucked into his gameplay. You’ll probably forget about your other players because he’s that fun. Just be careful when you play him, this Melo can definitely corrupt you lmao.
Recommended Strategy: Drive 1v1, catch and shoot, mid range pull-up, post moves, three point pull-up, spam dribbles, do whatever the fuck you want seriously you’d have to be dense not to wind up with a bucket like 8 times out of 10 lol.
Use if: You want a fully gamebreaking card that’s some of the most fun I’ve had in 2K
Don't use if: You prefer team basketball or don’t wanna throw the life savings necessary to get this card
Bottom Line: As a Knicks fan I couldn’t be happier to be using this card, and he brings up so many great memories of our 2013 season where we won 56. As a MyTeam player, if you have the means to get this Melo, do it. No Question.