Written by CM43
What's up guys, this is my first review and I hope you guys enjoy.
Klay Thompson has always been one of my favorite cards in 2K. His jump shot is one of the easiest to green in the game. He is an elite defender who is capable to guard the 1-3 and smaller 4s. His galaxy opal can slash to the basket well. He can pretty much do everything with the ball or without the ball.
Bought for: 140k
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim. He has the badges and the attributes to help him drive to the basket. He occasionally gets contact dunks with his hof posterizer but do not expect too many unless you add a shoe to his driving dunk. Klay makes a lot of contested layups and finishes well through contact.
- Shooting: Klay does not miss open shots period. He is Klay Thompson and he will get buckets from beyond the three-point line. He has 99 everything for shooting and he will never miss open. His jump shot is smooth and quick and it is one of the easiest releases to time. He has every shooting badge HOF so you do not have to worry about to putting badges on him. When Klay gets takeover it is game over. He can pull up from anywhere and is so consistent with his jump shot. Run a three-point play for him and it is game over. His catch and shoot game is unmatched. He also has pick and popper so if you want to try that out you can. His moving shot is also very smooth. One of the main reasons you would even get this card is for his shooting.
- Defense: The Galaxy Opal Klay is one of the biggest differences between this and the pink diamond. Almost everything is 99 except low post defense IQ and block. Klay can guard the 1-3 exceptionally well and can hold his own against some 4s. He has HOF defensive badges so he will be a clamp god. This is probably one of the best 3 and D players in the game.
- Playmaking: An underrated part of this card is his playmaking. He is a very good passer and can handle the ball pretty well. Klay can create his own shot and he can be really cheesy if you know how to use him. He has a very cheesy moving behind the back and crossover. I am not much of a dribbler myself but I still find success with him with the ball. The only part about his playmaking is that you need to add dimer if you want to make his playmaking even better.
- Post Fadeaway: His post fade is so cheese and is the perfect bailout shot if you need a quick bucket if your offense isn't working.
- Athleticism: He is very fast and can keep up with the fastest players on the other team. He also is very deadly in transition.
- Shooting Slumps- On a rare event Klay becomes cold he will fall into a shooting slump and it will be somewhat difficult to create a shot for him.
Recommended Strategy: "Catch and shoot, moving shots, trail cheese, THREE POINT PLAYS, Drive 1v1 and pick and roll. "
Use if: "You want a deadly sharpshooter who can play D and slash as well."
Don't use if: "You don't want an all around card."
Bottom Line: Very good card who will not miss threes and can do everything for a reasonable price.