Not a joke.
Written by sircartier
2K finally decided to listen to the community and deliver this 6'9 point god with the new packs. I have to say I was not excited for any of the opals as I was for this card. The truth is, this card is no joke, and truly plays like one of the best pink diamond cards available for the endgame in 2K19.
Bought for: 8,000 MT
- Dribbles: For anyone who is fond of dribbling, Bonga will definitely not disappoint. He DROPPED Opal Magic & Opal J.R twice in a game. His size-up, rhythm dribbles, and stepback are all great.
- Shot release: Oh my, is it buttery. Bonga's shot kind of resembles Base 11 but doesn't feel as cheesy. However, the release will get things done and he has great shooting stats, but he could use Limitless on gold.
- Dunking: Combine his height and dunking stats with HOF posterizer and it is over for the opposing PG.
- Defense: Comes with all the necessary badges on HOF which is super helpful, and as I mentioned before, he is a 6'9 point guard which is an immense advantage at that position.
- Playmaking: This is a must, and he is an amazing passer. I currently average a double-double with him in Unlimited and HOF dimer is a big factor in that.
- Fun factor: Isaac Bonga being amazing in this game is still hilarious to me.
- I don't want to exaggerate much, but I truly think that at his position, combined with his shooting, driving, defensive and playmaking abilities, I see no weakness in him as of now.
- Bonga resembles the playstyle of Magic Johnson. A big downside of Magic for me is his release, but with Bonga, that problem is resolved.
Use if: You know you want to. For 8k MT, there isn't a card that is better and can do everything like him.
Don't use if: You are not in on the joke and prefer someone else.
Bottom Line: Bravo, 2k.