Jianlian Yi '18
The Asian Sensation
Written by Camden_
This card is a budget monster, especially for triple threat. I have started running him over guys like Darius Miles and Maurice Lucas. Jianlian is a great card for a person looking for a budget big that can hold his own.
Bought for: Like 1800 MT
- Shooting: Good shooter at a standstill. You can't leave this guy alone. Also noteworthy: he has the sharpshooter takeover, so that's a huge plus in this department.
- Inside Game: Competent inside scorer. Not a liability here at all, mainly because of his height.
- Defense: Very, VERY versatile thanks to his high block and lateral quickness. He's guarded KD and Kareem well. He didn't shut either down, but he did well.
- Ball Handling/Playmaking: You can iso with him on those dumbass off-ball cheesers. He seems relatively quick with the ball, along the likes of KAT and Porzingis, maybe a bit better.
- Rebounding: Again, it's good enough, like many other things about this card.
- Strength: He does get bullied in the post frequently. You have to be crafty on defense running against stronger players.
- Badges: Doesn't come with any.
Recommended Strategy: Run him as a versatile big man, pick and pop, iso, do whatever you want.
Use if: You're a budget baller or if you're looking for an affordable, cheesy big man with good ball control.
Don't use if: You like strong big men or you have a really nice squad.
Bottom Line: Very good card for an emerald. This is a card that you can put on your team and not have to worry about.