Rashard Lewis '13
Great Role Player, Not a Star
Written by Camden_
I picked this dude up shortly after all-time dom as my first diamond reward. His all-around game was really intriguing to me. Now, many games in, I have discovered that he is just that - an all-around player. Note: I have only played with Rashard with a diamond ball control/speed shoe.
Bought for: A shit ton of hours
- Shooting: Honestly, this aspect is a bit disappointing to me, but I'll get to why that is later. He is a nice shooter who can hit from hella deep if given the time and space.
- Inside Scoring: Don't let the low dunk tendencies fool you - this card can slash, too. When he doesn't dunk, his length and high driving layup get the job done.
- Defense: Good enough. Not great ratings, but he has good length and a high shot contest.
- Rebounding: It's fine.
- Takeover: Sharpshooter and shot creator takeover. It's a nice combination.
- Release: Truthfully, I'm not a fan of Lewis's release. It seems to be pretty long, really hindering his shooting ability. It's kinda unfortunate.
- No microwave: I know this is nitpicky, but this hurts the card if he's the star of your team. It takes a while to get him hot.
- Ball Control: Can't speed boost without a coach and a shoe. You can get a nice diamond shoe for 10k, though.
- Speed: A little on the slower side compared to Melo.
Recommended Strategy: Run at the 3 or 4, get him open, and either shoot or attack the closeouts.
Use if: You're looking for a wing that plays well off of other great cards.
Don't use if: You need a star player desperately.
Bottom Line: Really good role player, but if I could go back, I'd probably give Melo a go over him. Rashard just doesn't seem to have that star power due to his release, lack of speed, and no microwave.