Carmelo Anthony '03
Melo With The Braids
Written by AddidasBasketball32
Initially, once this card was released I was gonna buy him for the braids, But instead what I found was an efficient scorer with the nastiest of dribble moves. His versatility in scoring is inexcusable and is one of the best cards in general to buy. Bought for: 6,500 MT
- Inside scoring: Since I run him at the 4, not many PF's can stop Melo due to their lack of speed, and once he reaches the rim I normally hit them with either a euro or a pro-hop which proceeds to make even more space for an easy finish.
- Outside scoring: Compared to the current day Melo, this card is the polar opposite. He has unbelievable dribble moves and can speed boost, meaning he creates an extreme amount of space whenever he shoots. Along with that he has one of the silkiest jumpshots in the game. If you're not convinced, he also has decent post game. This is the category he excels in and does it close to perfect especially for the fact that this game is still in it's early days.
- Mismatches: This can be done with pretty much every decently fast 3's running the 4, but more-so for Carmelo due to the fact like I said, his dribble moves are fast and clean, not many can keep up with Melo; except for the occasional Ruby Rewards Rodman
- Defense: The most notable part of his game is when he gets played on, either when I run him at the 3 or the 4, there isn't much he can do. When it comes to running him at the Small Forward spot, his lateral quickness is to slow to keep up with the faster players and his shot contest is also very low. When you run him at the Power Forward spot he's far too weak and his height doesn't help him either. I recommend pairing him up with good defenders like Gerald Wallace at the 3 and a good defending 5, to negate his defensive liability.
- I used 6.5k MT to buy hair.
Use if: "You want an offensive machine"
Don't use if: "You need a versatile defender"
Bottom Line: "He's Melo With The Braids"