Bob Lanier '84
Written by Stephkm99
I got this card from a locker code and I was very impressed. Good inside offense and defense, as well as exceptional rebounding. I recommend this card to anyone that is willing to spend the MT for it.
Bought for: Free (Locker Code)
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim and through contact.
- Rebounding: Grabs board over anyone despite being only 6'10"
- Post Scoring: Surprisingly agile in the post, especially with the post spin. Also ridiculously strong. He bodies most centers.
- Post Defense: RAKES in blocks and steals in the post.
- Mid Range: Has a surprisingly clean release from mid range.
- Three point shooting: Can't shoot a three.
- Stamina: Once he gets a little tired, he's virtually useless as a scorer. His stamina is fine but there's a noticeable production drop.
Recommended Strategy: Post up: Just give him the ball in the post and let him work Pick and Roll: He catches lobs from anywhere. I have amethyst Jerry West and they work nicely together.
Other Comments: Don't leave him in for too long, because he cant do much when tired. You can also put him at power forward, or put a true center at power forward for added height.
Use if: You want a glass cleaner with some great inside offense.
Don't use if: You need good shooting or prefer a tall center.
Bottom Line: Great, not too expensive player that can be used as a power forward or center.