Jack Sikma '91
A TOP TIER CENTER
Written by SekouDoumbouya
Jack Sikma is the definition of a Jack of all trades center, arguably the best jumpshot for a bigman off the pick and pop, Sikma is undeniably one of the top tier centers in the game at the moment, he is also extremely good value. Expect all out offense with very good defense and a very good playmaking center.
How i have used Sikma is at the 4 as a pick and pop or straight up corner shooter, my shooting percentages are around 70% every game because of the fact his jumpshot is so incredible off the catch. Sikma is most likely my favourite budget opal in the game up to this point along with Butler.
Bought for: 46,000 MT
- Almost perfect jump shooting from 3, one of if not the easiest jumpshot to use either meter or no meter and almost no learning curve because its a simple jumpshot with a massive green window (Jump Shot 22 Release 13, similar to Butlers release
- Extremely good rebounding and a large wingspan for a 6'11 player (7'3 wingspan) allows him to horse over centers that are around the same height or a bit taller
- The ability to defend large centers because of wingspan is very good and can play the 4 or 5, primarily the 4
- Feels very fast for a center, like, very very fast
- Interior D is one of the more surprising things with this card, his block and contest tendencies are through the roof, so expect around 4 or 5 blocks a game if sikma is guarding the paint
- Poor handles for a center as they werent updated with the new card
- Cant guard a fast 1 or a fast 2
- Poor post fade (animation not stat), extremely fast and super difficult to time
- Cant bully anything over the 3
Recommended Strategy: "Pick and Pop jumpshots, Corner or Hash CAS's, Guard the corner or paint dont switch onto a guard if possible"
Other Comments: "Run any spacing play like Hawks 2018, Pass and screen away or 21 Delay"
Use if: "You want a perfect pick and pop or standing 3 shooter with great defence"
Don't use if: "You want a Giannas type PF"
Bottom Line: "One of the best value for money cards, a great starting 4 who can do everything to a great"
Comparisons: "A shorter Ilgauskas, Wiseman, Bosh"