Earl Monroe '80
Earl Monroe User Review
Written by KingDoggo
Earl Monroe is solid point guard. I found him amazing off the bench but can be good as a starter if u dont have any other good point guards. I wouldn't run this card at the two guard (shooting guard) but because he's 6'3 and more of a passing play runner especially if you have a ray allen, but if you have no other choice then go ahead.
Bought for: Pulled
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim especially on fast breaks. While I was running him at point guard in unlimited, he dunked over a Gheorghe Mureșan during a fast break
- Doesn't miss open shots, especially from beyond the three point line, but efficient inside the paint and mid range as well.
- Decent at stealing and can catch the in bounding steal.
- Good pass interceptor
- Rebounding: Gives away too many rebounds and easy baskets, defensive liability, NO WAY you're gonna block a jumper with this card unless you're too good.
- Bad at pull up jumpers
- The post, but you most likely wont play this card in the post.
Recommended Strategy:Run him on a fast break, step up for an easy dunk or step back for a shot
Other Comments: Use him off the bench
Use if: You want an athletic playmaking point guard that can dunk and not miss an open shot.
Don't use if: You have a rebounding team
Bottom Line: Decent finisher, great shooter, Good pick pocket and perimeter defender. Good card art.