Tim Duncan '12
The Big Dissappointment
Written by tmad80
I'm a huge Duncan fan, so after hearing about how awesome this card was, I decided to drop most of my MT on him. I was wildly dissappointed, and he routinely had some of the worst stats on my team in Unlimited. I ultimately resold him and went back to a Love/Mutumbo front line, with Lucas/Gilmore off the bench.
I score a significant amount in transition, and he just doesn't fit that play style.
Bought for: 240,000 MT (Switch)
- Post moves: Great animations if you like to play through the post.
- Defense: Usually well positioned, leading to a lot of contested shots and blocks, especially at PF.
- Finishing: He missed so many lightly contested shots in transition that all my other players seem to make.
- Slooooow release: This leads to many contested shots, which negates his strong shooting stats.
- Rebounding: Despite the stats, I only get 3-5 a game.
Recommended Strategy: Slow it down and play through the post.
Other Comments: He was pretty awesome in the few games of TTO I played with him, and racked up points, rebounds and blocks. However, the improved matchmaking this year means you don't need to use highly rated cards there.
Use if: You like to abuse opponents down low.
Don't use if: You like to play in transition or want a stretch big, even though his stats make him look like one.
Bottom Line: A good but not great card, so not worth the price this early in the year. I sold him back for almost 400,000 MT, so at least I made a very healthy profit!