Nick Anderson '02
Written by WhiteMoose77
So, I didn't see a review for this guy, and I've used him for a few months now and feel like I've got a pretty good feel for this card. I still run him as a starter (2 guard) on a diamond/amethyst team over like 5-6 other 88-89 comparable 2 guards because I like his release and mix of strengths weaknesses more than the others. Used as almost pure C&S floor stretcher at this point but earlier on as a more well-rounded scorer.
Bought for: Pulled
- 3 ball: 93 3 ball, easy release to get down and full suite of 11 gold shooting badges
- Sneaky athletic: Won't throw down posters on the reg, but can dunk over guards and some forwards in traffic, and decent lob finisher. His attributes don't show it but I've been pleasantly surprised.
- Mid range: See above for 3 ball, but attribute is a 92
- Molasses speed for a 2 guard if you put him there, which I prefer to do because of the next point
- OK defense, nothing to write home about, but better on 2 guards than on 3's since most athletic SF's people tend to run (Bron, Giannis, etc.) will run straight through him (only 6'6" 205)
- Forget about rebounds, point guards will outrebound him
- Excels as C&S guy, or setting picks and popping around, rather than shooting on the move, though still decent here
Recommended Strategy: Pair with athletic rimrunning PG and drive and kick out to him as a 3 pt sniper. Also good to use as a secondary shooting option in perimeter centric offense
Other comments: Can hang offensively with amethyst and some diamonds, but on D only up to amethyst - most diamonds will cook him. Diamond and up competition he basically becomes C&S only, but can still be effective there if you use him like I do as a floor stretcher. Good budget guy (prob like 1500 mt, can't be much) for people that want a knockdown shooter or a scorer against ruby and below comp.
Also, 2k definitely overlooked those 94 finals with this 85 FT rating lol
Use if: See "Bottom Line" section
Don't use if: You want a shooter that can create his own shot
**Bottom Line: Great value for mt, nice player to use while building up your team, or as a floor stretch C&S role guy on better teams with slashers