Artis Gilmore '88
Written by SantaClausIsTrashAt2K
My team really needed a center, and I didn’t have much MT and was near Lv. 33 so I started grinding for this guy. He’s alright? I don’t really know what else to say here.
Grind time: 3 hrs for me, it depends on what challenges you have/haven’t done.
- Post Moves: Great post player who can move around the basket. His post hook is money, although I’m not a big post hook guy.
- Driving: Can easily drive by slower defenders and finish at the rim, although you may need a speed shoe to do this against other cards at his level.
- Hawks 2018: Works incredibly well with the Hawks 2018 freelance. That’s my go-to move with him.
- Shooting: Yeah this one is obvious. This card has no three and his jumpshot is so slow that the mid range is useless. Don’t use this guy in tto, unless you like getting paint sat. (This is not a big deal 5on5 but I play more tt)
- Speed with ball: Like I said in the strengths, he needs a speed w/ ball shoe to even come close to driving around modern cards.
Recommended Strategy: Post hook, pick and roll, drive to the basket, or post spin.
Other Comments: I like his Afro
Use if: "You want someone who can post hook, and drive."
Don't use if: "You need a pick and pop big who can hit the three.”
Bottom Line: "He’s lucky I need a center."