Derrick Jones Jr. '18
Written by JLegend
Short paragraph summarizing the review and how you used the player DJJ is a absolute beast when you evolve him, and takes no time to evolve. Crazy dunk animations and a solid perimeter game. Always can count on him to lock up great forwards.
Bought for: Free
- Inside scoring: Great at finishing near the rim with crazy animations, dunks on most guards and forwards with a 50/50 over a center.
- Outside: Solid three ball with a good jumper if you practice. Can’t make contested shots but will knock down wide open ones.
- Defence: Legendary. He can guard any non-center who is Amethyst or under. Blocks and snatch blocks shots at a constant rate and is pesky and gets steals.
- Shooting: If your not good at jumper timing, he will not be the move. On of the slower jumpers, I recommend putting shooting badges if your shooting and practice in freestyle before playing.
- Rebounding: Average stats but can be harmful if your playing a non-rebounding big next to him. Doesn’t grab offensive boards.
- Shot Creating: Opponents can capitalise on his slow release by sagging of slightly, if he doesn’t get a blow by animation can’t create.
Recommended Strategy: Use as a screener and a lob threat, but keep opponents on their toes with some fades as well. In transition try to set him up.
Other Comments: Sapphire is below average. Evolve him in triple threats after you claim him before going online or grinding offline.
Use if: You want a good two way player who can do a bit of shot creating and can time your shots.
Don't use if: You get early or late releases or rely on your forwards to shot create and rebound.
Bottom Line: Permanent feature on my NMS squad, easy to get, probably not for money spent players or play runners.