By themamba824 »

MyCareer Features: 

• Third Archetype: Ability to add a third archetype to your arsenal once you reach maybe 95 or 99 Overall. Or better yet, once you reach 99 Overall, if you're a dual archetype, attributes for both archetypes increase to "pure" levels, while a pure archetype can add a second archetype that reaches a "pure" level.

• Superstar Potential: Each archetype combination could have a corresponding superstar level player that a player can essentially become once they reach 95-99 overall. Huge incentive for grinders. Examples at the bottom of this post.

• Swap Archetypes: In addition to a rebirth feature, how about a feature that allows you to change your secondary or primary archetype ONE time once you reach a certain overall? For example, if I no longer want to be a Slashing Shot Creator, I can become a Sharpshooting Shot Creator.

• Earning Every Badge: Something you could do in NBA 2K17, bring back the ability to grind for and earn badges outside of your archetype on bronze. This won't be overpowered, so it should be ok to bring back.

• Unlocking Badges During Games: Another feature last seen in NBA 2K17. In addition to MyCareer games, the ability to earn badges in ProAm/Rec Center and MyPark games would be awesome.

• Diamond Shoes in MyCareer: Bring back the ability to earn shoes that permanently boost your attributes. Maybe a caveat can be that you can't buy boosts if you use a permanent shoe boost?

• Skill Points: Not having enough VC should never be a problem when it comes to upgrading attributes. Bring back skill points that can be earned to use on your attributes, while VC should be used strictly for cosmetics.

• Upgrade Individual Attributes: We should have full control over which attributes we upgrade and by how many points. Period. This would make every character feel different.

• Choosing Our Own Upgrades: The cap breaker system is dumb for the simple fact that 2K dictates what we have to upgrade next. Remove this feature. This is MYPLAYER. WE should choose what we want to unlock and upgrade.

• Overall Starting Point: 60 Overall is still a very low starting point. Also, it still takes a little too long to get to a higher overall where players can just buy their way to an 85 overall. Maybe 70 Overall is a good starting point?

• Positions & Heights: I would like to see 2K narrow positions down to these 4, with these height ranges: Guard: 5'7" to 6'7" / Wing: 6'5" to 6'9" / Forward: 6'6" to 6'10" / Big Man: 6'9" to 7'3".

• Custom Archetypes: Some playmakers are elite ball handlers, but not necessarily great passers and viseversa. Some sharpshooters aren't great mid-range shooters or off the dribble scorers. Some slashers are not explosive dunkers, but are insane finishers around the rim. Archetype "paths" could make archetypes very unique.

• Shared Purchases: All animations (if they are compatible with other builds) and cosmetic purchases should be shared across all builds. Stop being so money hungry 2K!

• Endorsements: More endorsements = more ways to earn VC. Sprint and Sprite used to be endorsements. Bring them back.

• Off-Season: Ability to recruit free agents to play with, building real relationships with players.

• Connections: Bring back the feature where you can progress through MyCareer and build relationships with NBA players and legends, earning exclusive gear, MyCourt items, animations, etc.

• Saved Outfits: Ability to save custom outfits.

MyCareer Player Creation: 

• Hairstyles: All hairstyles should be available at the beginning, and for more variation, we should be able to equip actual NBA player hairstyles. A hair dye tool like in the WWE 2K series and better dreadlocks options would be great additions.

• Body Types: Every player should not be built the same. Weight should have an impact onplayers body types. Different body types such as slender, skinny, ripped, husky, etc.

• Positions: Guard (PG/SG), Wing (SG/SF), Forward (SF/PF), Big Man (PF/C)

• Wear Any Gear: Regardless of shoe brand, we should be able to wear anything outside of NBA games.

• Accessories/Gear: Goggles should NEVER be an exclusive item. If I were an NBA player IRL, I would have to wear prescribed goggles. Also, add facemasks, double headbands, ninja headbands, mouthguards, jewelry (necklaces, earrings)

• Home/Away Gear: Some NBA players have exclusive gear that they wear at home vs. on the road.

• More Names: Add more names to the database. Also, please tweak the filters. My last name is "Pendergrass"... Guess why I can't use it? Lol.

MyCareer Practice: 

• Multiple Badge Progress: One annoying change from NBA 2K18 was that you can no longer earn progress for multiple badges in one drill. For example, doing floaters in the relentless finisher drill would not earn any progress towards the "Tear Dropper" badge.

• Free Throw Golf: This drill in specific should only require you to make the free throws, not have to swish them. This badge is so annoying to get because of this.

• Drills Should End Early: Once you hit 3 stars in a drill, the drill should end.

MyCareer Story: 

• Journey to the League: A linear story where everyone's path to the NBA is the same is very lame. I would love to be able to take different paths to the league. An undrafted path could give you special perks and allow you to choose your team. A drafted path could give you special perks, but instead of choosing your team, can allow you to live out your dream of being a top draft pick. 

• College vs. Overseas: Your path to the draft should be different from your friend's. Having the option to either play college basketball or overseas would be fun.

• Rivals: I'm so sick of create-a-dude rivals in MyCareer. I should be able to form a rivalry with incoming NBA rookies like Zion Williamson or Ja Morant, and eventually, NBA superstars like Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry.

• Special Cutscenes/Story Progression: Accomplishments and achievements such as winning ROY, MVP, DPOY, leading the league in certain categories, winning championships, etc., should trigger special cutscenes, rewards, and opportunities.

• Choosing an Agent: What pro basketball player doesn't hire an agent? There should be different options of agents that give different perks and exclusive financial benefits.

• Declaring For the Draft: Can we choose if we want to leave after one year of college/overseas ball, or stay for four years, with different perks and rewards for each option?

• Friends/Family: I don't need nor do I want a created family, friends, or love interest. Simple as that.

• Dynamic Storyline/Dialogue: Achieving certain goals, interacting with certain NBA players, choosing certain dialogue options, endorsements, etc., should have an impact on any story in the game.

• G-League Integration: Being able to play and develop in the G-League if your character struggles during the pre-draft process.

• Summer League: Every incoming rookie plays in the summer league. I would love to see storyline related content related to the summer league.

MyCourt: 

• More than one MyCourt: I loved being able to unlock different MyCourts in 2K17. We've had the same MyCourt design for two years now. I think it would be a cool thing to grind for in MyCareer, earning courts with special locations.

• MyCourt Shared Across Builds: Like everything else in the game, making new builds means earning, unlocking, and buying everything over. MyCourt should be shared with all of my builds. 

• Bring Back The Crib: Besides choosing the court layout and wall murals, there isn't much to do with the court. I would LOVE for 2K to bring back the Crib feature! Being able to have my own virtual crib beyond just a court where I can earn and unlock bigger houses that I can invite friends over to play private games and host tournaments on a court, play mini games, show off shoe collections, and even be able to purchase things like furniture, signed jerseys to hang up, cardboard cutouts, etc. 

• Court Customization: At the very least, how come we can't freely customize our own courts like we can in ProAm and MyTeam? That makes very little sense.

• Outdoor/Indoor MyCourt: A part of a new crib feature could allow us to choose if we want our own private indoor or outdoor court!

• Purchasable Decor: I'm giving 2K another easy way to make money! Lol. This is what VC should be used for, not upgrading your player. I'd love to invest some VC in pimping out my Crib, especially if it is shared across multiple builds.

• Changing Animations: This one is self explanatory, but it makes no sense that we can't change our animations on our court in 2K19.

Examples of "Superstar Potential Archetypes":

Athletic Finisher/Slasher: Blake Griffin/Dominique Wilkins/LeBron James

Glass Cleaner: Wilt Chamberlain/Andre Drummond

Lockdown Defender/Rim Protector: Kawhi Leonard/Scottie Pippen/Dikembe Mutombo

Playmaker/Point Forward: John Stockton/Jason Kidd/Magic Johnson

Post Scorer: Paul Pierce/Hakeem Olajuwom/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Sharpshooter/Stretch Big: Stephen Curry/Reggie Miller/Dirk Nowitzki

Shot Creator: Kobe Bryant/Kyrie Irving/Anthony Davis

Liked by 123Milky, Damian and kenxbi
By Damian »
themamba824 said in Sunday, April 14th, 2019 18:04 pm

MyCareer Features: 

• Third Archetype: Ability to add a third archetype to your arsenal once you reach maybe 95 or 99 Overall. Or better yet, once you reach 99 Overall, if you're a dual archetype, attributes for both archetypes increase to "pure" levels, while a pure archetype can add a second archetype that reaches a "pure" level.

• Superstar Potential: Each archetype combination could have a corresponding superstar level player that a player can essentially become once they reach 95-99 overall. Huge incentive for grinders. Examples at the bottom of this post.

• Swap Archetypes: In addition to a rebirth feature, how about a feature that allows you to change your secondary or primary archetype ONE time once you reach a certain overall? For example, if I no longer want to be a Slashing Shot Creator, I can become a Sharpshooting Shot Creator.

• Earning Every Badge: Something you could do in NBA 2K17, bring back the ability to grind for and earn badges outside of your archetype on bronze. This won't be overpowered, so it should be ok to bring back.

• Unlocking Badges During Games: Another feature last seen in NBA 2K17. In addition to MyCareer games, the ability to earn badges in ProAm/Rec Center and MyPark games would be awesome.

• Diamond Shoes in MyCareer: Bring back the ability to earn shoes that permanently boost your attributes. Maybe a caveat can be that you can't buy boosts if you use a permanent shoe boost?

• Skill Points: Not having enough VC should never be a problem when it comes to upgrading attributes. Bring back skill points that can be earned to use on your attributes, while VC should be used strictly for cosmetics.

• Upgrade Individual Attributes: We should have full control over which attributes we upgrade and by how many points. Period. This would make every character feel different.

• Choosing Our Own Upgrades: The cap breaker system is dumb for the simple fact that 2K dictates what we have to upgrade next. Remove this feature. This is MYPLAYER. WE should choose what we want to unlock and upgrade.

• Overall Starting Point: 60 Overall is still a very low starting point. Also, it still takes a little too long to get to a higher overall where players can just buy their way to an 85 overall. Maybe 70 Overall is a good starting point?

• Positions & Heights: I would like to see 2K narrow positions down to these 4, with these height ranges: Guard: 5'7" to 6'7" / Wing: 6'5" to 6'9" / Forward: 6'6" to 6'10" / Big Man: 6'9" to 7'3".

• Custom Archetypes: Some playmakers are elite ball handlers, but not necessarily great passers and viseversa. Some sharpshooters aren't great mid-range shooters or off the dribble scorers. Some slashers are not explosive dunkers, but are insane finishers around the rim. Archetype "paths" could make archetypes very unique.

• Shared Purchases: All animations (if they are compatible with other builds) and cosmetic purchases should be shared across all builds. Stop being so money hungry 2K!

• Endorsements: More endorsements = more ways to earn VC. Sprint and Sprite used to be endorsements. Bring them back.

• Off-Season: Ability to recruit free agents to play with, building real relationships with players.

• Connections: Bring back the feature where you can progress through MyCareer and build relationships with NBA players and legends, earning exclusive gear, MyCourt items, animations, etc.

• Saved Outfits: Ability to save custom outfits.

MyCareer Player Creation: 

• Hairstyles: All hairstyles should be available at the beginning, and for more variation, we should be able to equip actual NBA player hairstyles. A hair dye tool like in the WWE 2K series and better dreadlocks options would be great additions.

• Body Types: Every player should not be built the same. Weight should have an impact onplayers body types. Different body types such as slender, skinny, ripped, husky, etc.

• Positions: Guard (PG/SG), Wing (SG/SF), Forward (SF/PF), Big Man (PF/C)

• Wear Any Gear: Regardless of shoe brand, we should be able to wear anything outside of NBA games.

• Accessories/Gear: Goggles should NEVER be an exclusive item. If I were an NBA player IRL, I would have to wear prescribed goggles. Also, add facemasks, double headbands, ninja headbands, mouthguards, jewelry (necklaces, earrings)

• Home/Away Gear: Some NBA players have exclusive gear that they wear at home vs. on the road.

• More Names: Add more names to the database. Also, please tweak the filters. My last name is "Pendergrass"... Guess why I can't use it? Lol.

MyCareer Practice: 

• Multiple Badge Progress: One annoying change from NBA 2K18 was that you can no longer earn progress for multiple badges in one drill. For example, doing floaters in the relentless finisher drill would not earn any progress towards the "Tear Dropper" badge.

• Free Throw Golf: This drill in specific should only require you to make the free throws, not have to swish them. This badge is so annoying to get because of this.

• Drills Should End Early: Once you hit 3 stars in a drill, the drill should end.

MyCareer Story: 

• Journey to the League: A linear story where everyone's path to the NBA is the same is very lame. I would love to be able to take different paths to the league. An undrafted path could give you special perks and allow you to choose your team. A drafted path could give you special perks, but instead of choosing your team, can allow you to live out your dream of being a top draft pick. 

• College vs. Overseas: Your path to the draft should be different from your friend's. Having the option to either play college basketball or overseas would be fun.

• Rivals: I'm so sick of create-a-dude rivals in MyCareer. I should be able to form a rivalry with incoming NBA rookies like Zion Williamson or Ja Morant, and eventually, NBA superstars like Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry.

• Special Cutscenes/Story Progression: Accomplishments and achievements such as winning ROY, MVP, DPOY, leading the league in certain categories, winning championships, etc., should trigger special cutscenes, rewards, and opportunities.

• Choosing an Agent: What pro basketball player doesn't hire an agent? There should be different options of agents that give different perks and exclusive financial benefits.

• Declaring For the Draft: Can we choose if we want to leave after one year of college/overseas ball, or stay for four years, with different perks and rewards for each option?

• Friends/Family: I don't need nor do I want a created family, friends, or love interest. Simple as that.

• Dynamic Storyline/Dialogue: Achieving certain goals, interacting with certain NBA players, choosing certain dialogue options, endorsements, etc., should have an impact on any story in the game.

• G-League Integration: Being able to play and develop in the G-League if your character struggles during the pre-draft process.

• Summer League: Every incoming rookie plays in the summer league. I would love to see storyline related content related to the summer league.

MyCourt: 

• More than one MyCourt: I loved being able to unlock different MyCourts in 2K17. We've had the same MyCourt design for two years now. I think it would be a cool thing to grind for in MyCareer, earning courts with special locations.

• MyCourt Shared Across Builds: Like everything else in the game, making new builds means earning, unlocking, and buying everything over. MyCourt should be shared with all of my builds. 

• Bring Back The Crib: Besides choosing the court layout and wall murals, there isn't much to do with the court. I would LOVE for 2K to bring back the Crib feature! Being able to have my own virtual crib beyond just a court where I can earn and unlock bigger houses that I can invite friends over to play private games and host tournaments on a court, play mini games, show off shoe collections, and even be able to purchase things like furniture, signed jerseys to hang up, cardboard cutouts, etc. 

• Court Customization: At the very least, how come we can't freely customize our own courts like we can in ProAm and MyTeam? That makes very little sense.

• Outdoor/Indoor MyCourt: A part of a new crib feature could allow us to choose if we want our own private indoor or outdoor court!

• Purchasable Decor: I'm giving 2K another easy way to make money! Lol. This is what VC should be used for, not upgrading your player. I'd love to invest some VC in pimping out my Crib, especially if it is shared across multiple builds.

• Changing Animations: This one is self explanatory, but it makes no sense that we can't change our animations on our court in 2K19.

Examples of "Superstar Potential Archetypes":

Athletic Finisher/Slasher: Blake Griffin/Dominique Wilkins/LeBron James

Glass Cleaner: Wilt Chamberlain/Andre Drummond

Lockdown Defender/Rim Protector: Kawhi Leonard/Scottie Pippen/Dikembe Mutombo

Playmaker/Point Forward: John Stockton/Jason Kidd/Magic Johnson

Post Scorer: Paul Pierce/Hakeem Olajuwom/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Sharpshooter/Stretch Big: Stephen Curry/Reggie Miller/Dirk Nowitzki

Shot Creator: Kobe Bryant/Kyrie Irving/Anthony Davis

Great ideas 

Liked by themamba824
By mintjj »

I think you should be able to earn badges while and after games but it shouldn't take 15 games it should only take 09 games to get bronze and increse two-three every color 

Liked by themamba824
By themamba824 »
By joe1623 »

Honestly can we like vote people into the 2k creators cause I'd vote you. These are things like us die hard 2k players want. After 17 I was honestly tired of the constant grind with no real fun and I only played 18 and 19 for the my team. I more fun in the mygm then my career. It gets boring seeing the same stuff every 2k. Same customization, same similar cutscenes, not enough accomplishments, not enough life to the "Mycareer" mode. This should be like an actual representation of the game. Like in 2k16 when you hit a game winner you're player would show emotion not anymore. Or, when you accomplished something big what happen to the fun in 2k. Now a days it's not even fun to grind I'll play a few games and get off in 16 and 17 I'd play for hours. I had a 98 ovr small foward in 16 and a 92 ovr sharp shooter I had a blast with them. I don't feel the same about this game and unless you get to like 75 ovr with any player you really don't have fun unless there a center. Just saying 2k and Madden are head and head every year and I feel like sometimes 2k fans are so profoundly attached that they won't admit that sometimes Madden is better like for example with the leaks for Madden 20 I'm so hyped but as for 2k I don't see anything changing in a good way.