By waffleman »

In this thread I will be ranking all of the goat cards based off of their card art. So no, this has nothing to do with how good the card is, just the art. I feel like this is pretty self explanatory so let's get into it. 

Number 9: Yao Ming 

9425i1.png

Look I get the design but it's just... off. I don't really like this one. 

Number 8: Kobe Bryant 

9060i1.png

I really do hate to do my man Kobe like this, but I'm not the biggest fan of this card art. Like it's solid and I get they were going with the whole mamba skin theme, but I just don't think it's the greatest. 

Number 7: Wilt Chamberlain 

9283i1.png

Very simple, very classy. I love this design. 

Number 6: Stephen Curry 

9380i1.png

This card is so simple it's amazing. I love the gold water dropplets in the background (because you know, the splash brothers) but what really does it is the rain effect. Holy crap that's fire. I'm honestly tempted to put him higher up. 

Number 5: Kareem Abdul-Jabar 

9222i2.png

I have one very weird critique about this cards at: why is there nothing in the bottom left corner. In the bottom right they have the ball, on the top they have the banners, what about that corner? I don't know, it just feels a bit empty. Despite this I think the card is still fire. 

Number 4: Larry Bird 

9241i1.png

So I made a post after this card dropped that it has the greatest card art in 2k history. I was wrong. The more I look at it I go cool, but there are better. The card art is still god tier though to say the least. 

Number 3: Giannis Antetokounmpo 

9424i1.png

How greek of 2k. I like it. 

Number 2: Magic Johnson 

9223i2.png

This card is so creative. The lights to showoff the showtime Lakers, the streets of where he grew up (at least I think that's what it is), plus the newspapers in the back look FIRE. I love this card. But it's not the best. 

Number 1: Michael Jordan 

9152i2.png

At the very end simplicity rules the day. The jersey behind him is SO FIRE. Too much heat if you ask me. 

So yeah, that is the end of that. Let me know what you guys think down below!

Last edited Jul 29th, 2020 by waffleman
Liked by Slevin424
By hulugotgamebruh »

KOBE, LARRY, MIKE, STEPH, KAREEM, MAGIC 

ALL BASED OFF TEMPS

Last edited Jul 7th, 2020 by hulugotgamebruh
By Slevin424 »

I really like that Bird card. Captures him perfectly with his shooting form and just lazor focused expressionless face eyeing up his shot. Tells you everything about Bird in one picture.As for Kobe I think they picked a good picture for him. Just capturing him enjoying the game as he always did. A dunk or shot picture would be cool but I kinda like that they went with something more joyful. The card art itself definitely can use a little extra though you're right.

Liked by waffleman
By TheCuseMuthaFuca »

I have Bird, Kobe and I'm getting Curry today. So that's all I need on my team. If I can't go 12-0 with 3 GOATS and Carmelo.. then this game is completely broken.

By waffleman »
Slevin424 said in Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 3:31 am

I really like that Bird card. Captures him perfectly with his shooting form and just lazor focused expressionless face eyeing up his shot. Tells you everything about Bird in one picture.As for Kobe I think they picked a good picture for him. Just capturing him enjoying the game as he always did. A dunk or shot picture would be cool but I kinda like that they went with something more joyful. The card art itself definitely can use a little extra though you're right.

Agreed. The picture is great.