By Damian »
By Koolguy »

gobert

By paulius186 »
TyrannosaurusRedick said in Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 1:20 am

paul have you watched basketball the past 5 years? a centers defense is not as important as it used to be

i doubt u have lol a center defense just as important with pick n rolls and stepping out to guard the 3pter which embiid can do but kat cant

By paulius186 »
By Mayorofawsometown »
By TyrannosaurusRedick »
paulius186 said in Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 16:05 pm

i doubt u have lol a center defense just as important with pick n rolls and stepping out to guard the 3pter which embiid can do but kat cant

im not arguing what embiid can do better than towns and vice versa. perimeter defenders are more important than rim defenders nowadays

By Koolguy »
TyrannosaurusRedick said in Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 22:24 pm

im not arguing what embiid can do better than towns and vice versa. perimeter defenders are more important than rim defenders nowadays

People are still driving to the rim you know. I don't think it's necessarily decreased all that much either.

By TyrannosaurusRedick »
Koolguy said in Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 22:25 pm

People are still driving to the rim you know. I don't think it's necessarily decreased all that much either.

perimeter defenders > rim defenders 

if you watch basketball you know that's true

Last edited March 14th by TyrannosaurusRedick
By paulius186 »
By Koolguy »
TyrannosaurusRedick said in Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 2:58 am

perimeter defenders > rim defenders 

if you watch basketball you know that's true

I do watch basketball, and there is absolutely no way at all you can win with weak rim protection. Layups are the single most important shot in basketball, and you can't win if you can't take them away. Very few players are capable of shooting 70%+ on 3s, even if open. Name 1 NBA player who will not make 85%+ of their layups if they're open.